Young and new..help

Hello.
I need to ask for some help. Before I ask, I should give an over view of myself.
I , now, am 21 years old. I just started PD dialysis one month ago. I have delt with HD in the past. First , I delt with a Kidney transplant at the age of 15. Just shy of five years, it failed, and I was put on dialysis for around 13 months, until I was blessed with another opprotunity,(this one being non-living, unlike the first) I received another transplant. That one did not take. It lasted three months before Thymo was given, and then it completley rejected. I then, went back on HD dialysis. Although, the first time around ond HD, we tried the graph, the fistuala, and well, they didn’t work. I had no other place besides the Temp. graph in my chest. Which I am high for invection (I"ve had the hemo temp. graph replaced six times when I was one HD the first time) anyways, I went on PD because this was my last option.
With that, I was wondering…anyone, anyone…know, or is around my age who can actually “understand” and “feel” and “know” what I’m going through?!
I had my first transplant in a childrens hospital…although I was the oldest at the time, I’ve never talked to anyone younger then fourty something. (WHICH ISN"T OLD!! :stuck_out_tongue: ) Just twice my age…
If anyone could help me out…please…

email me at
cookecara@yahoo.com

[quote=Unregistered;14218]Hello.
I need to ask for some help. Before I ask, I should give an over view of myself.
I , now, am 21 years old. I just started PD dialysis one month ago. I have delt with HD in the past. First , I delt with a Kidney transplant at the age of 15. Just shy of five years, it failed, and I was put on dialysis for around 13 months, until I was blessed with another opprotunity,(this one being non-living, unlike the first) I received another transplant. That one did not take. It lasted three months before Thymo was given, and then it completley rejected. I then, went back on HD dialysis. Although, the first time around ond HD, we tried the graph, the fistuala, and well, they didn’t work. I had no other place besides the Temp. graph in my chest. Which I am high for invection (I"ve had the hemo temp. graph replaced six times when I was one HD the first time) anyways, I went on PD because this was my last option.
With that, I was wondering…anyone, anyone…know, or is around my age who can actually “understand” and “feel” and “know” what I’m going through?!
I had my first transplant in a childrens hospital…although I was the oldest at the time, I’ve never talked to anyone younger then fourty something. (WHICH ISN"T OLD!! :stuck_out_tongue: ) Just twice my age…
If anyone could help me out…please…

email me at
cookecara@yahoo.com[/quote]

Hi and welcome!
I know it must be hectic going through all that, especially at your age. I am not the same age you are BUT I did start dialysis at an early age… 7 years of age is when I started dialysis. As you can see, I am still alive here and am thankful for that…

If you would like to talk more please meet me on IM…you can click on my YAHOO IM icon on my profile…

Hi, Cara, I sent you an email; I think we have a lot in common! Hope to hear from you soon!