Conjoint Clinical Professor of Medicine University Hospital Geelong and Deakin University School of Medicine, Director: Renal Unit, Barwon Health [1978-2011], and Consultant Nephrologist, University Hospital Geelong, Barwon Health.
Graduated from Monash University Medical School, 1970.
Clinical practice in Nephrology 1978-2020 … retired February 2020.
Published >250 peer-reviewed papers and abstracts, 3 book chapters, 2 dialysis-related books, and >80 educational blogs for Home Dialysis Central KidneyViews.
Invited lecturer on dialysis-related topics in 16 countries, worldwide.
Hemodialysis Advisor and Internet Consultant to Home Dialysis Central [= US-based educational site] since 2011
• Order of Australia for Services to Renal Medicine (2009)
• Life Member: Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology (2011)
• Life Member: Royal Australasian College of Physicians (2015)
• Awarded: The Priscilla Kincaid Smith Medal for an Outstanding Contribution to Australian Nephrology (2015)
• Awarded: The Annual Zbylut Twardowski Lifetime Achievement Award in Hemodialysis from the International Society of Hemodialysis (2017).
Environmental sustainability in dialysis and nephrology [Green Dialysis]