Questions concerning a Preemptive Transplant, etc

I’m new to this web board and in need of a preemptive transplant and information, please. I have ESRD, stage 4 with a GFR of 15 and not on dialysis, yet. I’m 68. I have some questions, please:

1. What kidney transplant hospitals or clinics in the USA practice the weaning-off of anti-rejection drugs post transplant? I need details, please. Also, which ones are using the new better anti-rejection drugs that cause little or no side effects?

2. What hospitals or clinics will accept strangers as my donor? I understand that many will not accept such. I need details, please.

3. What are the government agencies and private non-profit agencies that provide financial assistance for the donor’s expenses and lost wages? Again, I need details.

I have good health insurance. I am going to campaign for a donor through advertising in mass local newspapers ads and other media donor search. My health insurance will pay for the medical expenses, both me and the donor.

Please advise me. Thank you.

• Preemptive

Hi Preemptive,

This site is really about home dialysis–there are other sites that focus on helping people learn about transplant. You might look into “Explore Transplant.” They may have the information you are looking for.

Hi Preemptive,

This site is really about home dialysis–there are other sites that focus on helping people learn about transplant. You might look into “Explore Transplant.” They may have the information you are looking for.

Dear Preemptive,
I would simply echo the previous reply. Hope you find the other sites helpful in answering your questions. I presume your nephrologist has referred you to a transplant center who should be able to help to answer your questions. Good luck.
Judy Bernardini