Abuse in dialysis clinic

I have been physically and verbally abused on dialysis! I saw what NDXUFAN12 commenting that she will help those being abused. I have been complaining for months to nurses the manager and techs and patients who seen the abuse and no one stands up. The patient next to me was moved because he witnessed abuse. I had a meeting with the manager after dialysis and there was no disciplinary action towards the tech and not one ounce of compassion for me. I asked what Thé disciplinary action is for abuse and the manager laughed out loud! So the whole hour with the manager and social worker I was further abused. I wish I would have recorded the meeting but I trusted everything would have been settled. My name is Teffany Grimmer, please help me. I can give you my number so we can talk. Thanks

Beth Witten please help me with abuse

You don’t say what specifically you have experienced so far as verbal and physical abuse. Every dialysis clinic must inform patients how to file complaints or grievances internally (within the clinic and in the company if the clinic is owned by one of the dialysis corporations) and externally (through the ESRD Network that covers your geographic area as well as the state survey agency that Medicare contracts with to make sure patients are treated wit dignity and respect and get the care required by regulation). These entities have the authority to work with you and your clinic to resolve whatever issues you’re experiencing. Clinics are supposed to post information in a public area where patients can see it on how and where to file a complaint or grievance. The poster should provide names of entities and contact phone numbers.

That said, doing dialysis in a clinic puts you in a position where you may not have the control you’d like to have and where you have to rely on dialysis staff to provide your treatment. Sometimes patient-staff interactions go well. Other times they don’t for various reasons. An option you might want to consider is to train for home dialysis – either peritoneal or hemodialysis. If you did that, you would be your own technician. You would have more control over your treatment, your schedule, and who you have helping you if you need help. You wouldn’t be dependent on dialysis staff that you may not get along well with and/or that you may not trust. Plus you’d be able to do your dialysis in your own home environment that you could make as comfortable as possible. If you like to be in control of your life and your treatment, I’d strongly suggest you consider home dialysis.

My best friend is in upper management with the National Kidney Foundation and they investigate all complaints of abuse if the patient contacts them. I don’t wanna put her name and number on this forum, but if you give me your contact information I will have her and the social worker that works in your region reach out and help you file a official complaint with them. This will get the ball rolling and will require a response from everyone at your current dialysis center