CAPD or APD

Hello,
My husband is on CAPD, has been for two years now, going quite well.
He would like to go on the cycler APD but the renal nurse is very reluctant to talk much about it. He is a low transporter so they say, he is also on an experimental program with his glucose solution, it was a 2 year agreement to trial the fluid. The two years are up now and he wonders if it was just because he was on the program that the nurse co-ordinator says it wouldn’t suit him or whether there is a genuine reason. The nephrologist is keen to have all his PD patients on the cycler if possible.
Elaine 39

When was the last time that your husband had a peritoneal equilibration test (PET)? Is he a slow transporter of wastes or water? This website from Britain has a chart that explains what treatment is best depending on how slow or fast someone’s peritoneal membrane transports wastes and water:
http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/pd/pet_test.html

Thank you Beth. George, my husband, has a 6 monthly PET, is due to have another one next month. I printed the chart off the website you gave me and next time we go to the renal nurse I will ask her the details, she always just says, he is a low transporter.
He is actually on a two year trial program with the dialysis fluid he is using, the two years are up in March so we were wondering if that had anything to do with it as he had to remain on CAPD while being part of the experiment.
Not that remaining on the progam was compulsory, he could have gone off it if he wanted to, but he did agree to the two years, so he was prepared to do that. He would just like to try the cycler after March to see if it suits him as well as during the year we would like to go to Singapore and visit our son so we thought it would be much easier to travel.
I would like to hear from anyone that has travelled while on CAPD or APD.
Thank you
Elaine 39
PS I live in Australia.

[QUOTE=Beth Witten MSW ACSW;12253]When was the last time that your husband had a peritoneal equilibration test (PET)? Is he a slow transporter of wastes or water? This website from Britain has a chart that explains what treatment is best depending on how slow or fast someone’s peritoneal membrane transports wastes and water:
http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/pd/pet_test.html[/QUOTE]

hi im 17 and also on PD i would like to talk to someone else on it could you please e-mail me at sexylexy4u2005@aol.com thanks

lexy

[QUOTE=Elaine39;12229]Hello,
My husband is on CAPD, has been for two years now, going quite well.
He would like to go on the cycler APD but the renal nurse is very reluctant to talk much about it. He is a low transporter so they say, he is also on an experimental program with his glucose solution, it was a 2 year agreement to trial the fluid. The two years are up now and he wonders if it was just because he was on the program that the nurse co-ordinator says it wouldn’t suit him or whether there is a genuine reason. The nephrologist is keen to have all his PD patients on the cycler if possible.
Elaine 39[/QUOTE]