Cleanning buttonhole sites using exfoliating facial buffs,4 years later

Since June of 2009 when starting this procedure of cleaning buttonhole sites using shower scrubbers for one year, and fine the facial scrubbers to be a better way. We have not had an infection in any buttonhole site. As we approach 4000 cannulation which should be reach by the end of July 2012. I’m more confederate than every that this is the way to go. I’m passing this on to you so that you might try it for your home dialysis. This is how we use them
The key steps as following:
1 Frist cut it two, than place the exfoliating facial sponge under hot water for 30 to 45 seconds, and then apply one to two drops of antibacterial soap.
2 Scrub in a circular motion using moderate pressure approximately 10-to12 times on the art than flip and do the same on the venous.
3. Wipe the soap off with a paper towel; this will live a film on your arm. Which is ok
4You will see a small scab left and this is your tunnel track entrance to the buttonhole track
5. Use whatever disinfect that you use.
6. Rise the scrubber out and place on your machine to dry out, don’t put in any type of container are plastic package as this will cause bacterial growth.
7. It is not recommend to use more that 36 to 40 times
These can be found in the box stores in the women’s dept.

[QUOTE=Stuart Mott;22360]Since June of 2009 when starting this procedure of cleaning buttonhole sites using shower scrubbers for one year, and fine the facial scrubbers to be a better way. We have not had an infection in any buttonhole site. As we approach 4000 cannulation which should be reach by the end of July 2012. I’m more confederate than every that this is the way to go. I’m passing this on to you so that you might try it for your home dialysis. This is how we use them
The key steps as following:
1 Frist cut it two, than place the exfoliating facial sponge under hot water for 30 to 45 seconds, and then apply one to two drops of antibacterial soap.
2 Scrub in a circular motion using moderate pressure approximately 10-to12 times on the art than flip and do the same on the venous.
3. Wipe the soap off with a paper towel; this will live a film on your arm. Which is ok
4You will see a small scab left and this is your tunnel track entrance to the buttonhole track
5. Use whatever disinfect that you use.
6. Rise the scrubber out and place on your machine to dry out, don’t put in any type of container are plastic package as this will cause bacterial growth.
7. It is not recommend to use more that 36 to 40 times
These can be found in the box stores in the women’s dept.[/QUOTE]

This is what is used at Indiana University, their infection rate is zero.

Interesting! How do you know that the IU infection rate is zero with this practice?

Asked the Nursing staff at IU, with an average of 20-30 years of experience.

this is we used for infection control in buttonholes