Clip for drainage line in toilet

Hi Folks,

I know I saw the answer to this question on some message board, but haven’t found it yet. So I am posing it again…

What do you use to clip on the drainage line to your toilet? I think someone said that there is a gizmo for sale but I just can’t remember specifically what the post said. Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks…

[quote=reedz812;14297]Hi Folks,

I know I saw the answer to this question on some message board, but haven’t found it yet. So I am posing it again…

What do you use to clip on the drainage line to your toilet? I think someone said that there is a gizmo for sale but I just can’t remember specifically what the post said. Can anyone offer some advice?[/quote]

HI reedz,
I don’t remember the post but I think in about five minutes I could bend a coat hanger to do the job. You could also just tape the drain tube to the seat so that the end of the drain is suspended over the bowl.

[quote=reedz812;14297]Hi Folks,

What do you use to clip on the drainage line to your toilet? I think someone said that there is a gizmo for sale but I just can’t remember specifically what the post said. Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks…[/quote]

What’s wrong with tape? I use tape…2inch wide clear tape…

As far as draining goes, I was fortunate to already have a drain in my closet that the water softener drains into, so I just put my pureflow drain line in there. The problem is that when I use bags it is awkward to get the drain line extension in there, so I just tape the line to the edge of the sink or toilet, and I’ve never had a problem.

Adam

Thanks all…we girls need you guys for logical mechanical help…lol

When using bags instead of your PureFlow, there is nothing stopping you from connecting the wasteline from the cycler to the wasteline in the PureFlow. Just because the PF is not being used for whatever reason, the wasteline is just a water outlet and doesn’t require any power from the PF or for the control unit to be working. Therefore you don’t have to hassle with running the wasteline through rooms to get to a sink or toilet.

Thanks, Rich. I never even thought of that. There has actually been only one time I’ve had to use bags at home, and that was because my PAK messed up, and I wasn’t able to make my next batch in time for the next treatment. I’ll definitely do that if my PF ever conks out again for any reason.

Adam

[quote=ilovenxstage;14309]Thanks, Rich. I never even thought of that. There has actually been only one time I’ve had to use bags at home, and that was because my PAK messed up, and I wasn’t able to make my next batch in time for the next treatment. I’ll definitely do that if my PF ever conks out again for any reason.

Adam[/quote]

That same drain port on the Pureflow Sl…now and then you’d connect a 30cc syringe with the white re-circulation connector and flush it, especially when you get those red alarms prior to making a batch. That will solve it and let you continue making a batch…

Have you actually used your drain from the Pure Flow without using the Pure FLow? I ask because I was told this couldn’t be done. I thought it would work too but was told by the NxStage people it wouldn’t. Just double checking before I have a mess on my hands.

Thanks.

[quote=PMB;14314]Have you actually used your drain from the Pure Flow without using the Pure FLow? I ask because I was told this couldn’t be done. I thought it would work too but was told by the NxStage people it wouldn’t. Just double checking before I have a mess on my hands.

Thanks.[/quote]

Yes, the drain on the Pureflow Sl does work without actually using the Pureflow Sl…I’ve already used it with bagged dialysate multiple times now…

Oh my gosh, I’m agreeing with Gus!

The answer is yes and I even had to do it last night. If it doesn’t work, I’ll come over and mop the floor. How’s that for a guarantee!

I was talking to one of the tech guys the other day and told him something he didn’t even know! Oops! That’s one reason to join one of the NxStage Only Groups. Experienced NxStagers often know more than the company’s own tech support. After all we use it almost every day.

So hop on along to http://NxStage_Users@yahoogroups.com and see what experienced users have to say.

I’m sure Gus wouldn’t agree on that address, but I plugged his site earlier this week. This time I’ll only mention ours - the only democratically run NxStage site on the web.