Cloudy bags

Hi, I have cloudy bags for the past week on and off. Went to the clinic and had the bags tested and started on gem and vac for infection. Lab work came back neg. noemal white cell count but high red count. They are baffled over this. Had the same thing early last year and it lasted 4 weeks. No fever just feel like crap and want to stay in bed. Exit site fine and tunnel is fine. Help any ideas ???

when u have cloudy bag it means infection{cloudiness is because of white blood cells migrating to peritoneum to fight infection}.
whenever u have cloudy bag always do three rapid flush.if raprid flush also comes cloudy then u have infection.
increased red blood cell count means u can have hemoperitoneum{bleeding in peritoneal cavity} this also makes bag cloudy.
intra peritoneal antibiotic treatment is ok {1 gm vanco and 80 mg genta ,heparin 1 ml- first day and seventh day{along with oral quinolone such as ciprofloaxacin.{500 mg Tab BD-for seven days}
if cell count is more then 100 cells /cmm u have infection{neutrophil is more then 50%}.

[QUOTE=shivashankerprasad;12694]intra peritoneal antibiotic treatment is ok {1 gm vanco and 80 mg genta ,heparin 1 ml- first day and seventh day{along with oral quinolone such as ciprofloaxacin.{500 mg Tab BD-for seven days}
if cell count is more then 100 cells /cmm u have infection{neutrophil is more then 50%}.[/QUOTE]
The idea of intraperitoneal antibiotics is a very good one. In the U.S., antibiotics must be prescribed by a doctor. It’s also best if we avoid giving specific advice re: which drugs and/or doses of drugs that may vary in strength from one country to another, too. (Just in case they are different).

yah i agree and i was only talking about empirical treatment{ISPD guidelines}
in india also u have to go by neph prescription u cant take it urself and choice of antibiotics depends on neph and yah on culture test as well.