Compatibility of Dialyzers on fresenius 4008s machine

I am asking this question for my Dad who is in Zimbabwe. the Heath system there is poor and very expensive. my dad has no insurance and has to undergo routine dialysis at a clinic. Each patient has to bring all the items needed for dialysis. They using Freseniu 4008s dialysis machine and the recommended dialyzer is fresenius fx80 which cost almost $50/unit. While shopping on line i cam across optiflux f250NR at reasonable price. I am considering purchasing these but i am not sure if they are compatible with Fresenius 4008s machine. What is your recommendation purchasing this product as an alternative to the fx80 my dad is using.

I am sorry to have been so tardy in response.

No, there should be no system compatibility issues between a Fresenius machine and/or its lines and an Optiflux dialyser … after all, the FX80 and Optiflow series are both Fresenius products.

But … that is NOT the question. What does matter is the dialyser performance characteristics! The Optiflow f250NR is a very much more ‘oomphy’ dialyser - in every way - compared to an FX80. The surface area is 2.5 m square c/w 1.8. The filling volume is also greater, as are the clearance, Kuf and KoA data. In short, it will clear much more, and could - without due care - lead to more rapid ultrafiltration and thus instabilities during dialysis if this is not appreciated by the treating unit.

That is not to say there is anything wrong with either an FX80 or an Optiflux 250 … they are just designed for different circumstances. See http://www.advancedrenaleducation.com/Portals/0/F250NR%20FAQ.pdf

I am sorry to have been so tardy in response.

No, there should be no system compatibility issues between a Fresenius machine and/or its lines and an Optiflux dialyser … after all, the FX80 and Optiflow series are both Fresenius products.

But … that is NOT the question. What does matter is the dialyser performance characteristics! The Optiflow f250NR is a very much more ‘oomphy’ dialyser - in every way - compared to an FX80. The surface area is 2.5 m square c/w 1.8. The filling volume is also greater, as are the clearance, Kuf and KoA data. In short, it will clear much more, and could - without due care - lead to more rapid ultrafiltration and thus instabilities during dialysis if this is not appreciated by the treating unit.

That is not to say there is anything wrong with either an FX80 or an Optiflux 250 … they are just designed for different circumstances. See http://www.advancedrenaleducation.com/Portals/0/F250NR%20FAQ.pdf

Thank you Doctor. That is useful information.