Cost of NxStage supplies

Does anyone know the approx. cost of NxStage cartridges and therapy fluid? I have wondered about running an extra tx from time to time and wondered what the extra supplies would cost if I had to pay out of pocket.

The simplist way to find out the answer to this question is to ask your dialysis clinic what it would charge you for an extra treatment.

I am no expert on how dialysis clinics set their charge rate–I do know that Medicare establishes the composite rate for Medicare patients. The per treatment charge for dialysis is higher than what each of your per treatment dialysis supplies cost individually. The monthly charge for supplies includes the rental of the dialysis machine (or a percentage of the purchase price), overhead associated with the home training program, and home dialysis-related labor costs (the nurse’s time and a prorating of time for the dietitian and social worker). There may be other costs that I’m forgetting as well.

I will be asking about this next time I see my doc, but none of the things you mentioned seem to apply as they are already covered or in place, and as a home patient, there are no labor costs. The only thing I can think of other than a few cartridges, therapy fluid and a few extra needles is a shipping cost for the additional supplies. And a few more boxes in addition to the 40 something boxes I get each month shouldn’t run that much. Of course, you are correct- it is whatever they would decide to charge me. But I just wondered what the actual costs involved are. Also, think I read somewhere that with NxStage, the unit is charged one set fee irregardless of how many supplies are used.

Hello
Do anyone tell me the supplier to nxstage cartridges and dialysis fluids please. Can get me the email address.
And should be able to supply to Africa - East Africa

NxStage provides equipment and supplies to dialysis clinics in the U.S. and a few other countries (see https://www.nxstage.com/corporate/about/).

Corporate Headquarters
NxStage Medical, Inc.
350 Merrimack St.
Lawrence, MA 01843
United States

1-866-NXSTAGE (697-8243)
info@nxstage.com