Dialysis supply issues in australia

I am a Home Hemo patient in Sydney and in the last month or so have been having supply issues for consumable products from the manufacturer . there is no means of contacting the supplier to make an order as they are not taking any calls via the usual stocktake system.
Is anyone else having the same issue?

Hi Nelson. I’m so sorry to hear that you are having supply issues. Unfortunately, they are quite common now in the U.S. as well, due to COVID and that period when the Panama Canal was blocked by a large ship that was hard to move. For now, talk to your home training nurse. S/he may have some stock to tide you over, or may have a better way to reach the supply company.

Dori offers great advice. Just curious…what machine are you using for home HD and who is the manufacturer? Have you tried looking up their website on the internet to see if there is a different way to contact the company?

Hi Beth ’
4008S Fresenius ; I believe there are problems within the company regarding supply to Australia that they are supposedly fixing …frustrating

I found the Fresenius Australia site. Have you tried using the phone number or contact form at FME - Australia - Contact?

I don’t know if it’s improved, but I moved providers after they left me without PD supplies over the weekend last year. Thankfully, my clinic had supplies for Fresenius even though they use Baxter.
According to.them they were having staffing issues. When I wrote a complaint the answer was not much better then a shrug. Never again.

I’m really sorry to hear that your old dialysis clinic didn’t find a way to meet your supply needs and am glad to hear that you were able to find a way to meet your own need. Not making excuses, but have there been shortages of PD solutions in Australia? There were shortages of some PD solutions in the U.S. in the past.