Doing acute hd in nursing home setting

IAM SO HAPPY TO SIGN IN.
I NEED HELP WITH IDEA ON HOW TO SET UP AN INDEPENDENT ACUTE HD IN NURSING HOME SETTING …I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE HOME TRAINING STAT UP PROGRAM…I VE BEEN DOING ACUTE FOR 10 YEARS, PLEASE HELP ME WITH INFOS…WHATS STATEGIES TO USE TO TALK TO NEPHROLOGIST…PLEASE HELP
THANKS, ADA FROM AZ

Hi Ada,

Have you checked out the information in the “How to Start a Program” section of this site? (http://www.homedialysis.org/v1/start-a-program/[/url). You might get some ideas there, although those programs are all chronic. The “How We Did It” stories may give you tips about how to talk to the nephrologist, though…

[QUOTE=Anonymous;9965]IAM SO HAPPY TO SIGN IN.
I NEED HELP WITH IDEA ON HOW TO SET UP AN INDEPENDENT ACUTE HD IN NURSING HOME SETTING …I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE HOME TRAINING STAT UP PROGRAM…I VE BEEN DOING ACUTE FOR 10 YEARS, PLEASE HELP ME WITH INFOS…WHATS STATEGIES TO USE TO TALK TO NEPHROLOGIST…PLEASE HELP
THANKS, ADA FROM AZ[/QUOTE]

Drop me a line. I am trying to do the same thing.

J.

This presents quite a few problems the least of which is reimbursment.
As a small company you will either have to have the Nursing Home Contract you for a
set price and eat the loss or you will have to go through the red tape of medicare billing
after you get a provider number. The amount paid probably will not pay for your supplies
let alone a nurse or tech to do the treatment.
I’m not trying to discourage you but this is a business usually left to larger companies
with volume buying for the supplies etc.
If you figure out a solution I would like to hear it.

JM, CNN