Epoman has passed

This is not the place to discuss this any further. It is not open for discussion. What is done is done like it or not. If you want to rant on and on about something that is over with than have at it but it will be by yourself. I will not further a flame war here. That is why your gone from IHD because this is exactly what they had to deal with. The mods and admins run IHD not you. Get over it.

See? You can’t give me a reason why I was banned!! I did nothing like this before I was banned. There is NO reason for me to be banned! You JUST proved it!! Thanks!
Every time I ask why I was banned, this is what I get. I just want EVERYBODY to know! Every reason they’ve given that they banned me happen AFTER I was banned. They had NO reason to ban me in the first place!! They just PROVED it by avoiding answering me. They do it every time I ask. This is everyone’s proof.

Shay, I’m really happy that you found our site–you’ve been a real asset, and I can’t tell you how much we appreciate having folks like you reply to people who ask questions about what it’s like to live with PD. It makes such a huge difference to be able to talk to someone who’s really been there.

So, thank you–and thanks to everyone who posts here to help someone else. (Even folks who just ask a question and get it answered are still helping everyone who visits here later or doesn’t yet quite know what to ask but gets the answer anyway because you did.)

[QUOTE=Dori Schatell;13003]Shay, I’m really happy that you found our site–you’ve been a real asset, and I can’t tell you how much we appreciate having folks like you reply to people who ask questions about what it’s like to live with PD. It makes such a huge difference to be able to talk to someone who’s really been there.

So, thank you–and thanks to everyone who posts here to help someone else. (Even folks who just ask a question and get it answered are still helping everyone who visits here later or doesn’t yet quite know what to ask but gets the answer anyway because you did.)[/QUOTE]
Thank you, Dori! And I want to apologize for bringing this thread WAY off topic. I was just really upset that I was banned for no reason from that site. It really is a great site if the admin weren’t so power-hungry (the new admin, not the one who recently passed. He was actually a very understanding guy most of the time! :slight_smile: )Thanks you for the compliments! :slight_smile: This is a wonderful site with very caring admins and mods! hugs :slight_smile:

A number of folks have had a very tough time losing Epoman–it’s so very sad and unexpected. People handle things in different ways, and maybe some of that will sort itself out in time.

In the meantime, IHD’s loss is our gain. We’re glad to have you–and anyone else who is willing to contribute, like you have, to helping folks learn more about home treatments.

I had to catch up on 2 pages and then posted but it is so long that I am now editing this. Sorry I tend to be so long winded and don’t want to bore you all with explainations!

First of all I have a lot of respect for Dori and other members of this forum so I don’t want this to go on and on. But I feel that I should say something in defense of Shay as I really feel for her. After all she is only 19 and on dialysis and that site was the first one she ever belonged to and she loved it! She never thought she would ever be banned as soon as Epoman was no longer on it. Shay really looked up to all the knowledge Epoman offered with his 13 years on dialysis.

[QUOTE=M-18hellcat;12925]It is also disrespectful to post negative comments on Epomans memorial section.

It is disrespectful when you use someone elses site strictly to benefit your own.

It is disrespectful to go into the chatroom of a site you have been banned from and run down the Administrator in front of several members of that site especially when the Owner just passed away.

All three of the banned people did one or more of the things I listed.[/QUOTE]

[ul][li]People were very much in shock and very emotional as Epoman’s passing happened so suddenly! People just spoke their minds in that chatroom on the site and in that thread. If anything was said that was not appropriate then all that was needed was a PM saying to reword it! As simple as that![/li]
[li]No one ever used the site for their own benefit! People went there for the information they could get very fast! I know Epoman sometimes would worry that people were only on his site to advertise other sites, but I kept telling him that his site was huge and people can enjoy more than one site (I know I do!!) People only did on his boards the same exact things he did on others (links in sigs). But even though Epoman encouraged people to post all his links on other boards, he still worried and told me never to put www.kidney-friends.net in my signature ever again. I couldn’t figure out why but agreed and he unbanned me saying that the ban had just temporary til he could talk things out. Turns out that he thought the owner was someone else who had been on his forums before under the same name that site owner goes by. Misunderstandings like that were a common thing with Epoman. [/li]
[li]The chatroom insident was 2 different times. The one with the admin no one was yet banned and feeling were running high as people were still in shock over Epoman being gone. The new admin was so emotional over Epoman’s passing and easily angered and even left to cool off and came back later. She had blown up at me for simply asking a question. I didn’t know that wasn’t deemed appropriate at that time. I knew I would be banned after that. The other time no admins were in and just about 3 people talking with Shay just fine until someone went and told on her that she was in the chatroom after being banned. She was just in asking why she was banned since no one would tell her.[/li]
[li]If Epoman wanted Shay banned then why did he never ban her himself?? If Epoman wanted me banned why was he working on this site with me and put my banner on the bottom of it just days before he died? And he said he was going to host it and everything. A lot of things were left hanging with his passing. [/ul][/li]
I can understand why so many people are upset at Epoman’s passing. A lot of people got to know Epoman very well on his site as he did spend almost 1/2 of every day online. That is a LOT of time! People got to really know him … or at least feel like the do and feel very close to him! But Epoman did clash with people and there is a lot of unresolved situations… Epoman was more than willing to talk it out but now there is no one to resolve these issues. But in all honesty, since there is now no one to talk to, this should just be dropped. Let Epoman rest in peace. But I know Shay feels a sense of loss not just for Epoman but also for the site. She really depended on that site for answers! Especially about PD! The new admin could have very well felt overwhelmed and didn’t know how else to make all the issues just go away. Quite a few people have been banned from IHD and 1 of them, namely Shay, was NEVER banned by Epoman. I think she was only threatened once to be banned but then he turned around and said he was kidding.

Anyway, I know others who have been banned from there would say not to go there but I am trying to remain objective as a site owner myself! Go see for yourself but think about what you post before posting and think about what you read there.

Thanks.

After-thought: I also want to add a comment about other things HellCat posted like “It is disrespectful to (LOL) about someones passing as Shay did on Angies site” and “It is disrespectful to go on someones my space and say your site is better than IHD because it’s more laid back.” Sorry but what is posted on other sites cannot be controlled by IHD as they are freedom of speech and opinions! I know IHD tried to control what was said on IHD but you can’t control what is said here. Thanks Dori for letting us state our opinions and allowing us to defend ourselves!

Thanks Angie! :slight_smile: