Epoman has passed

Bill “Epoman” Halcomb, owner/creator of http://www.ihaedialysis.com has passed away.

source: Login

Dear friends of IHD, I am sorry to have to tell you all that today, March 2, 2007, our beloved Bill “Epoman” Halcomb passed away. He fell ill last Saturday with what they said was a viral infection. When i last talked to Trina, they werent quite sure what the reason of his death was but she will let me know sometime soon. Please say a prayer for our friend “Epoman” (my Sucka Fish) May God Bless Trina and Nick at this moment of need.

Goofynina/Susie

EDIT:If you would like to send EpoFamily cards, donations, etc. please click here for more information.

I hate this but I guess it is our fate we members of the online renal community. I’ve been participating in the online dialysis community since 1995. The thing I tell myself again and again is that I am better off having known him and lost him then to never known him.

Thank you for letting us know you Epoman. It isn’t an easy thing to live in the open on the web and Epoman wore his emotions on his sleeve posting what he thought and encouraging others to do like-wise (of course after spell checking). That took guts.

Any time you write it’s just a snap shot of what you’re thinking at that moment and you risk being misunderstood. Epoman took his journey in public and took us along for the ride. That took guts.

I’m glad Epoman let us know him.

Epoman made a mark, not all of us will be able to say that when God comes and cuts us down. Rest in Peace Epoman. My thoughts are with your family.

Oh my gosh, I’m soooo sorry to hear this. He was still so young, and he loved his wife and son so much. Epoman had a lot of passion and energy that he used to try to bring people together so they could share their experiences and learn from each other.

I’m glad, though, that he was able to switch to daily dialysis and have what he said felt like a “vacation” before the end. He believed that his quality of life was much better. None of us ever knows how much time we have, but at least Epoman had a chance to experience a better way.

[quote=shay_pcb;12786]Bill “Epoman” Halcomb, owner/creator of http://www.ihaedialysis.com has passed away.

source: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=2938.new#new[/quote]

This is quite shocking to me to know this, sad indeed. I just got out of the hospital on Feb. 9… and now to find out one of our fellow members who is also on home dialysis has just passed really puts another load to my pain.

EPOMAN really had it going for himself, alot life and spirit in that young man. Leaving a young kid and wife behind must be quite hard and all of us here in the dialysis community have a connection with them, the energy flowing, prayers will help them get through these difficult times.

I also want to point out that all of you who are on home dialysis and participating here or anywhere around the web are doing special things for other people. Helping them with their cross, coping, and living with ESRD…helping them get through their mission.

May GOD have mercy on you EPOMAN…

I am shocked and saddened to hear of Epoman’s recent death. I only knew him through the message board, but it was obvious that he had a unique sense of humor, a zest for living, and an amazing entrepreneurial spirit. My heart felt sympathies go to his family, friends, and others whom he touched with his messages.

Since Epoman’s passing, the Admin team at IHD has taken advantage of their power. They are letting their personal feelings take over. They have been banning people, including myself, for no reason. I did not break any rules nor cause any trouble, yet they banned me. I no longer recommend this site to anyone. With Epoman gone, this site is going to fail. He was the backbone of IHD. It was a great site. I’m sorry to see it go downhill like this.

I really really is a shame. Epoman had such high hopes and dreams for that site! He had promised 2 of the people he banned (my fiance and I) that he wouldn’t ban again without talking to us first because he was aware that he took things to heart and sometimes reacted too harsh too fast. He was a man who wore his heart on his sleeve. We always talked things out til late into the morning (I would tell him I was too tired since I was 3hrs ahead of him lol). But now … there is no one to talk to. The ones left don’t care. It has become a secluded club.

I also feel bad for his son Nick. At least they recently went to the RSN prom where they got to meet Gary Sinese!

My prayers go out to the family! It will be hardest for the son and I don’t think they saw it coming. If you DO go to the site you can message KitKatz and ask for her address as she lives near them and any cards she will deliver (she won’t deliver flowers or any huge packages however, sorry).

I am truly sorry to learn of his passing. He was an inspiration to us all.
I learned so much from him.
Our deapest sympathy goes to his family.
He will truly be missed.

I just learned of his passing as we have had a tough couple of weeks.
First I got the stomach bug, than Ralph got it and wound up in the hospital dehydrated. I stay with him. The nurses asked me to say in a room just down the hall from him. (Thank Goodness because I got the stomach bug again. It came back with a vengeous!) I had to leave him and get one of our daughters to stay with him. After 2 days I was better and went back to him in the hospital. He stayed to have a colonoscopy. We than went home. I than came down with a terrible cough. I am on my second set of antibiotics etc. After I get him on I take my mask off (mind you I am keeping everything as sterile as possible) hop in bed only to be kept up with coughing all night.
Well they gave me muscinix to get the fluids flowing again and right not I can not stop blowing my nose.
I told the doctor yester. DO SOMETHING- I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE SICK!
Lots a luck.
I just keep saying this to shall pass.
I thank God everyday that Ralph is alive and doing well and that I am albe to take care of him.
Sorry this was so long.
Pat

[quote=AngiesKidney;12835]I really really is a shame. Epoman had such high hopes and dreams for that site! He had promised 2 of the people he banned (my fiance and I) that he wouldn’t ban again without talking to us first because he was aware that he took things to heart and sometimes reacted too harsh too fast. He was a man who wore his heart on his sleeve. We always talked things out til late into the morning (I would tell him I was too tired since I was 3hrs ahead of him lol). But now … there is no one to talk to. The ones left don’t care. It has become a secluded club.

I also feel bad for his son Nick. At least they recently went to the RSN prom where they got to meet Gary Sinese!

My prayers go out to the family! It will be hardest for the son and I don’t think they saw it coming. If you DO go to the site you can message KitKatz and ask for her address as she lives near them and any cards she will deliver (she won’t deliver flowers or any huge packages however, sorry).[/quote]

Oh c’mon, its been a hard time in the moment of EPOMAN’S passing and alot of mixed feelings flow though all of you who are or were members there. Its okay, we’re all human, but one thing for sure is that I know we can compromise and seek forgiveness, can you? I think EPOMAN’S websites and forums will do just fine. Thought there’s alot of rant of this and that…there’s still some goodness there that alot of you can relate to. I think EPOKID will take on the role of his father. Its a great dialysis social site and I think most will agree.

Who do we have to forgive? We were feeling everything that everyone else was feeling when Epoman passed, but we were banned and therefore cannot express how we feel. When goofynina snapped on a few of us in the chat room, we forgave her bc we figured taht anger was how she was dealing with what happened. But then she banned us for NO reason. Seriously, we didn’t break any rules nor were we disrespectful in any way. She just doesn’t like us for whatever reason. She let her personal feelings take over. like I said in the beginning. SHE is the one who needs to forgive US for whatever we did to make her mad at us. Everyone was happy the way things were until she banned us for no reason. She could have at least given us a reason; don’t we deserve that?? Anyway, if personal feelings get in the way like that, then, no, that site isn’t going to last long. I don’t care who is running it, personal feelings like that, banning people for no reason other than you don’t like them, will ruin ANY website.

I’m sorry to hear that you and others are having this trouble, Shay. I don’t suppose that emailing GoofyNina off-line would help?

I tried. She won’t reply. She doesn’t even have the audacity to give me a valid reason as to why I was banned. I did nothing wrong, and I guess that’s why I’m so mad. I know this isn’t the right place to take that out. I just wanted to let everyone know what is happening to that site now that the owner has passed. I will stop now! :slight_smile:

Funny…the first thing I thought when I read the sad entry (on the UK site) about EPOman’s death, was “uh-oh, how long till the site goes down?”
From what I see here, it shouldn’t be too long, infortunately.

I too was saddend by Epoman’s death. But, I’m not sure what all the fuss is about his websites. What did they offer that you can not replicate here? Other than a disucssion board and host of negative paraphenalia to purchase what was offered? Just curious. Erich

I guess it’s bc there are SO many people on that board ALL the time. You get an answer to whatever question you have within seconds of posting. You just get to feeling so close to those people, then they just cut you off like that. It just hurts bc I was close to a few people there…But I am making up for it by going to other boards everyday. And you are right, these other boards aren’t as negative as IHD! :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll feel close to people on these other boards too :slight_smile:

I think the main concern is to be able to information about your condition that can help you communicate with your doctor. I’m sure everyone won’t agree, but you should be the one in charge of your care. You must educate yourself to the best of your ability and use every resource at your disposal. some people are more qualified than others, but it is still your body and your health. A doctor, no matter how good, how caring, how educated, has a limited amount of time to examine you, diagnose your condition and propose treatment.

The internet has given all of us access to the same information. You may not understand it as well, but you can access the same information that your doctor can. Make sure that you understand what your doctor is recommending and that you know why it is the best plan of treatment. Don’t be afraid to ask question.

This board and others like it give us the opportunity to share information that can make a difference in your life. This board, IMO, is one of the best for getting accurate, professional information. I see others that are more of a social gathering place, but for sharing new useful information, this is one of the best.

(I hope that the admins and mods here don’t mind when I “borrow” information to share on my site.)

that is all very true. BTW, I didn’t know you had a website! I have one too: www.kidneyfun.com More games and stuff to take the mind off of dialysis. I will add yours to my links page!! I’m sure it will come in handy! :slight_smile:

As long as you let folks know where to find us, we’re very happy to have you share info with your visitors! Thank you for the very nice compliment about the accurate, professional info on these Boards. We see that as our niche and very much appreciate that you noticed.

It is disrespectful when you use someone elses site strictly to benefit your own.

It is disrespectful to say things like My site is better and I don’t need IHD.

It is disrespectful to complain about being banned and harrassing the admin team of that site when they have enough to contend with after losing the owner instead of having to make changes to keep you from posting.

It is disrespectful to (LOL) about someones passing as Shay did on Angies site.

It is disrespectful to go on someones my space and say your site is better than IHD because it’s more laid back.

Sorry for ranting on your website, But there are two sides to every story.

It is disrespectful to go into the chatroom of a site you have been banned from and run down the Administrator in front of several members of that site especially when the Owner just passed away.

It is also disrespectful to post negative comments on Epomans memorial section.

All three of the banned people did one or more of the things I listed.

I for one back the admin team of IHD.

Gus thanks for trying to calm this subject and I’m sorry it came to this but your members are getting a tainted picture of what happened. This was part of the rest of the story.

[QUOTE=M-18hellcat;12925]It is disrespectful when you use someone elses site strictly to benefit your own.[/quote]I didn’t, so this doesn’t pertain to me. I was on the site everyday before I even started my own and everyday after. My site had nothing to do with me being there. In fact, I posted LESS after I started my site…that’s not beneficial to me whatsoever. The people that are on my site either heard it from me or Angie. None have come from what was on IHD.

It is disrespectful to say things like My site is better and I don’t need IHD.
I never said that my site was better, but I did say that I didn’t need IHD. I said it TO Epoman when he threatened to ban me for something I did on MY site. Then he said he was jk. So that has no relevance.

It is disrespectful to complain about being banned and harrassing the admin team of that site when they have enough to contend with after losing the owner instead of having to make changes to keep you from posting.
If I hadn’t been banned for no reason then it wouldn’t have happened. And Emailing the admin asking POLITELY why I have been banned is not harassing. I did it twice in 2 weeks and that’s all. That’s not harassment.

It is disrespectful to (LOL) about someones passing as Shay did on Angies site.
OK, I just went to the thread mentioned, and the only thing that I found in that thread to the point of me being banned that had “LOL” in it was refering to me not having anything to do all day, so I keep everyone updated on what’s going on. How is that disrespectful towrds Epoman?? Here’s the link. If anyone can explain how in that thread I have been disrespectful, please let me know.

It is disrespectful to go on someones my space and say your site is better than IHD because it’s more laid back.
That one, I did do bc I was pissed off about being banned for NO reason. Plus, that’s on MY myspace; I can say whatever I want there. I just happen to NOT like IHD since Epoman’s passing and I WILL voice it to others.

It is disrespectful to go into the chatroom of a site you have been banned from and run down the Administrator in front of several members of that site especially when the Owner just passed away.
If the admin weren’t banning people just bc of their personal dislike, with no VALID reason for banning them, then I wouldn’t have done it. The members deserve to know what the admin there are really like. No, it’s not the best TIME for that bc the owner died, but either way, if he would have banned me for no reason, I would have done the same thing. The point is, I was banned for NO reason other than the admin’s personal dislike of my life choices. A site like that will NOT last long. At least Epoman was more understanding. That’s how the site has done SO well was under HIS management. Now that he’s gone, the admins are power-hungry.

It is also disrespectful to post negative comments on Epomans memorial section.
I NEVER said anything disrespectful in that section. I asked if it was a joke bc I was in disbelief. I never laughed or said anything that could be taken as disrespectful. I was just in disbelief and a little denial. It just happened so out of the blue.

I for one back the admin team of IHD.
I do believe you ARE the admin team, are you not? Maybe then, you can give ME a REAL reason, that actually pertains to something I did BEFORE being banned, of why I was banned?? And maybe explain to me how Emailing a NICE Email TWICE asking POLITELY why I was banned is harassment??