Finding nxstage program

Can anyone tell me how to get started or find a clinic training program with the nxstage machine close to Jackonville, FL area?
email: bigjoespro@bellsouth.net

Try calling these clinics in Florida…also, if they don’t have home training ask them to reffer you to one that does.

904-491-1998
727-767-4166
954-426-3350
305-827-8399

Also, try calling NxStage directly and leave them a message…

http://www.nxstage.com/constants/contact-us.asp

P.S. Sorry to hear that your Dr. nor Clinic won’t reffer you to a clinic that does offer home training with NxStage…I think they should and suppose to.

Right, Gus, they are, but apparently they don’t.

Once again I thought I was logged in, and I wasn’t :oops:

Gus,

What’s the chance you could get your NxStage Rep to give you an updated list of clinics they currently serve?

Lorelle

I’ve never asked, but who knows…I can try…all the info I provided here is based on my own research.

I’ve never asked, but who knows…I can try…all the info I provided here is based on my own research.[/quote]

And you have done a wonderful job!!

Later maybe we can ask NxStage if here is some way patients can put their name on a waiting list for areas NxStage is currently not servicing; so a clinic which is centrally located for those patients, could be made aware that they have enough patients to make a program feasible.

I’ve never asked, but who knows…I can try…all the info I provided here is based on my own research.[/quote]

And you have done a wonderful job!!

Later maybe we can ask NxStage if here is some way patients can put their name on a waiting list for areas NxStage is currently not servicing; so a clinic which is centrally located for those patients, could be made aware that they have enough patients to make a program feasible.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan, but not sure how willing the clinic will want to…get it? The clinic may not want it…On the other hand, others will move in and leave those clinics that don’t want to advance, merely leaving them behind.

Thanks for everyone’s input. Two reps from nxstage emailed that training would start near Jacksonville in a few weeks. I am excited and a little apprehensive about starting this new endeavor of home dialysis. After being on dialysis for 18 years in a clinic, I worry about rocking the boat. But I am hoping the body aches and foot pain may go away with daily dialysis. I may need a lot of support from you experienced folks out there. Thank you for this website.
ggail

Hey that’s a miracle! Yay!! 8)

18 years in-center is alot of years! …don’t worry about rocking the boat, your making one of the bravest most important decisions in your entire life as a dialysis patient, heading towards a better life!

We wish you luck on the process, and if you need questions answered as always visit us here and let us know your concerns…

Actually I was thinking that maybe NxStage would be interested in collecting the info – But – Since DaVita is already working w/ NxStage, and after the initial investment they make more money from home hemo than in clinic, it shouldn’t be too hard to get them interested. Besides, as you said, others will move in to fill the need if they don’t – well, except of the NxStage competition, like Fresenius.

BTW, do you know if DaVita got all of the Gambro clinics or did they cherry pick only the profitable ones? Do you know what brand of machine Gambro used? If DaVita is going to be updating the Gambro clinics they maybe the best place to start asking for the NxStage. The DaVita clinic in Atlanta, where my husband will be going, which has 10 of the NxStage machines, was a Gambro clinic.

Maybe one day the clinics will be reserved for the patients who need specialized dialysis care and everyone else will be at home!!

Actually I was thinking that maybe NxStage would be interested in collecting the info – But – Since DaVita is already working w/ NxStage, and after the initial investment they make more money from home hemo than in clinic, it shouldn’t be too hard to get them interested. Besides, as you said, others will move in to fill the need if they don’t – well, except of the NxStage competition, like Fresenius.

Actually, its gradually spreading out and more and more dialysis organizations are considering the move. Kaiser already started full swing with their home program and more are following…only problerm are the smaller clinics whom may not afford to do it at all, those smaller private clinics who are there to make a profit may not want to make that move

BTW, do you know if DaVita got all of the Gambro clinics or did they cherry pick only the profitable ones?

[b]I really have no idea, but I do know that an agreement was made between both Gambro and Davita…read more about it here
http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164--127645--,00.html[/b]

Do you know what brand of machine Gambro used?

Fresenius brand…some Baxter but mostly Fresenius…

If DaVita is going to be updating the Gambro clinics they maybe the best place to start asking for the NxStage. The DaVita clinic in Atlanta, where my husband will be going, which has 10 of the NxStage machines, was a Gambro clinic.

After buying Gambro, am sure they will be updating…revamping…

Maybe one day the clinics will be reserved for the patients who need specialized dialysis care and everyone else will be at home!!

Its a reality, we’re here already…the clinic where I am at “Wellbound” specializes for only home dialysis patients, nothing else

[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s wonderful, but I can’t say that about my area. The Upstate area of SC has some well advanced specialized medical care (neonatal and cardiac) comparable to much larger metropolitan areas, (and it’s not far to Emory, Duke, or even Charleston). But when it comes to local practices regarding nephrology, PKD, dialysis, and especially home hemo, we’re probably 20 years behind the learning curve.

Thanks for the other info – maybe we’ll see some drastic changes here in just a few years as DaVita forges ahead.

Some Gambro clinics used the Gambro Phoenix machine. I assume that these machines are still being used in those clinics that had them.
http://www.usa-gambro.com/Page.asp?id=1926

The government required DaVita and Gambro to divest themselves of some clinics in order for the government to approve the buy-out. A company called Renal Advantage bought 70 clinics in 9 states and became the fourth largest dialysis provider in the U.S. It is adding or has added 3 more clinics in IL (the 10th state). Renal Advantage has 4 clinics in SC. You can read about this company at:
http://www.renaladvantage.com