Help! NxStage & Sleeping

I use the NxStage machine. Mainly I do dialysis during the day, so I have rest time before my kids get home from school. But, I have noticed when I do dialysis before going to bed in the evening, I cannot sleep! I catch maybe 2 hours at the most. I never felt this way after using other machines. This has made me unable to do dialysis in the evening. I have been taking Ambien for sleep, but it no longer works.
I feel very jumpy, kinda like I drank too much caffeine
(But, I drink none). I am wondering if my body is just crazy, or do others have this problem too (On NxStage). ??
:shock:
I would like to exchange emails with someone on the NxStage.
TMcGlinchey@houston.rr.com

Seems you may be having hypersensitive reactions or allergic symptoms to something in that room or machine…

This is something I have dealt with for many years, especially after 10 years of dialysis…its rare, and not very many patients have this, more common in those with very many years on dialysis. If you intake candy or chocolate candy during dialyisis that can cause that to, but really it can be anything…

For me it took me a little over a month to solve that problem…basicly, I had to stop using heparin, so now I do heparinless treatments. Second step was to eleminate the saline in the lines with a new saline bag using about 600, almost 1/2 bag left of saline, there’s still enough to end the treatment.

When these symptoms occur try to observe whether pulse goes up and maybe even blood pressure…I think you may be getting hypsensitive…

Am not saying exactly you do have that but research more and consult with your Dr. and clinic and let them know…

You can try what I do and see if that helps…

thanks, I will talk to my Dr. about it.

Also, if you take blood pressure medications that can cause some reactions as well…hope you find the problem.