Heparin v - Tinzaparin

My unit (UK) has recently switched me to Tinzaparin with next to zero consultation. Its another 2 months till my next clinic appointment. I’ve had it a couple of times while on holiday so can’t honestly state if it affects me or not.

They (well one somewhat aggressive nurse) are adamant that it has NO side effects and anything I get thats ‘new’ is nothing to do with it. And that its ‘BETTER’.

My post dialysis brain fog is multiplied to the extreme. I feel like I’m drugged up on some sort of sedative.
Its affecting the little work I can do voluntarily. And they’ve just shoved me on to my GP, who I’ll speak to on the phone tonight.

My BP is OK, my blood results are OK. And everything has been OK up until the past couple of weeks :frowning:

I’m going to try and get hold of the consultant via the secretary, during the week on top of all the other things I need to do.

Here’s a website that lists side effects of Tinzaparin. The percentage or people having side effects may be small, but that doesn’t mean that you could be one of those affected.

Thanks Beth
After a couple of phonecalls to various staff, including getting the consultants secretaries number, the Senior Nurse of the HHD team brought round some Heparin, and has assured me that the prescription for delivery with Fresenius for my monthly stock has been reinstated.

All I can say to other patients reading this is stand your ground if you feel a change in prescription is affecting you!
I feel that there may have been some internal wrist slapping in the department too.
J

I’m glad to hear that you were successful in your self-advocacy efforts.