Holding fluid

Do you find that you can hold just as much fluid with short daily txs, inbetween txs, as you did with 3 x week txs? With short daily txs, I would think most have less output. So, have you noticed if there is a change in how much fluid you can hold inbetween txs?

Also, how do you feel on the day following your one day a week off for those who dialyze 6x week? Do you find that you feel so well all week, that on your day off there is a greater contrast in health/comfort level then you experienced with 3x dialysis?

Jane;

My partner feels a lot better doing 6X a week Verses 3X in center… There is no ups and downs like a YOYO…as Far as fluid usually after her days off there is a lot of more fluids to remove but… rather than take it all off on the first treatment after her day off I take about 80%… only… as we have 6 days to take the rest… NO NEED FOR CRAMPS… She is doing Nocturnal so it is a more gentle dialysis with blood pump at only 200…
With these daily treatments she feels a lot better and when she feels better she eats more… Keep increasing her dry weight to keep her blood pressure in check and make sure her edema is in check… Usually can tell if she is carring a lot of fluid by how swollen her ankles are. After 6 years of home hemo dialysis every treatment after her day off she usually have the most fluid to remove… so on her days off she kinda watches her fluid intake but not worry about it… as I know that if her Blood pressure is up and her ankles are really swollen and she isn’t feeling well. I set-up the machine and give her a treatment. and find another day to take off… Being that we are dializing at home, it is possible to do treatments when needed. Also If we are planning on going to a special event that isn’t on our day off, we change our day off…
There are also times that there is NO fluid to remove so I just do the dialysis without ultrafiltration (Removal of fluid). Usually happens when she if not feeling well and does not want to eat or drink anything…

HemoHelper