How much of home hemo do you actually do

How much of the work for home hemodialysis do you do, and how much does your care partner do?

I believe this number is going to be different for each individual. Sometimes the cargiver/partner may do more work and at other times the dialyzor may do more work givin the circumstances going on at the time. That is the beauty of it. There is no set workload for each individual. Of course, i believe the dialyzor should do as much as possible, but is not always possible at certain times…

///MM

I wonder if it might help to make up a list of tasks, who ALWAYS does one or the other, and which ones may switch back and forth depending on the day?

I greatly enjoy the assistance of my wife, but to ease her share of the burden of daily dialysis, I do all of the set up and supply issues as well as make the bed every day. Wow, can you admit that in public? Making the bed seems to keep her happy, so it is a small sacrifice on my part to keep peace in the house. There is a burden of home dialysis and as it is my disease, my share of that burden should be greater.

My wife keeps all of the records while I am on dialysis and assists with my hook up and take off. Even if I didn’t need her assistance with cannulation by holding the skin stable while I insert the needles, she would want to be there anyway. My wife cleans the machine with bleach while I am holding my access to stop any bleeding and that becomes the day. Most of the time while I am on dialysis, my wife is doing her chores around the house.

I do everything. I do not have a care giver and don’t have any reason for one.

I can do everything and do, sometimes. But I also have a tech, some kind of a nurse who comes home and helps and sometimes does everything apart from cannulation.

I live alone, it’s me alone.

I’ve just gotten a smart phone and no longer understand why I have to keep paper logs. If my phone can tell me what star I am looking at - turns out it was a planet - by directing it at the star, there should be an app that at the very least could act as a billing record:
did you run? was it routine? did you give yourself Arenesp/Epo? How do you feel? scale 1 to 10. Message:

How hard can this be???

Should be very easy Bill! The problem is not many people on dialysis have such smart phones for someone to consider it worth their while to write such an app. Is this an iPhone btw?

Kamal

[QUOTE=Bill Peckham;20209]I live alone, it’s me alone.

I’ve just gotten a smart phone and no longer understand why I have to keep paper logs. If my phone can tell me what star I am looking at - turns out it was a planet - by directing it at the star, there should be an app that at the very least could act as a billing record:
did you run? was it routine? did you give yourself Arenesp/Epo? How do you feel? scale 1 to 10. Message:

How hard can this be???[/QUOTE]

Are you sure there isn’t one? :slight_smile:

I have an android - HTC EVO Kamal

If there is one Dori they’re doing a good job keeping it secrete

Oh! I am sorry. Shouldn’t have embarrassed you in public! I could put together an app for an iPhone or iPad. Maybe I should.

I don’t know, Bill–there are so darn MANY apps, I can hardly ever find them unless someone tells me the name. So, one might be hiding. Or, Kamal, if you can make one, go for it! We’d be happy to upload it here so folks could find it. :slight_smile:

LOL!! Hmmm. Are you saying that the iPhone isn’t the best phone ever? :wink:

Oh! Please don’t fall for that Android propaganda. Make an objective decision. Like buying an iPhone.

I can play Bejeweled on my phone too

I’m guessing you don’t have to use ATT in India Kamal (:

I just got an adroid too – Samsung Fascinate. I should be able to import my excel spreadsheet to it. I had some bells & whistles in it. But doing nocturnal, there aren’t as many records one must complete.

Getting bact to the original post. My son handles inventory and making batches. I do everything else. If there’s an accident, my wife usually cleans up.

I do anywhere fro 4 - 6 treatments per week depending how I’m feeling. But each treatment is 7 1/2 hours.