I am heading toward dialysis

To : All who has the same problem or on P.D.

I like to understand more about what your life would be if you are on P.D.
   To tell you the truth, I don't feel comfortable and feel that my life would
   change a lot when the doctor said that I am heading toward that direction.
   I will be very gratefull if someone  with that kind of experience wants
   to be friends with me. My e-mail address is : [email]willy.winarto@gmail.com[/email]
   I really need someone who could understand what this is all about,
   Thank you,
   Yours Sincerly,
   Willy

Hi Willy,

I hope you check back here, as well as leaving your email address. You might read our PD Patient Stories to start to get an idea of what it’s like to live with PD. You can find those here: http://www.homedialysis.org/resources/stories/

I will not lie it is a life change. It is something you have to do. It will take up a good deal of time. It is not a fun thing to do. The one think you have to remember is this will keep you alive. You have to always remember if it were not for this you would no be here. We all do this in hopes of holding on till we get the kidney we need. This is just a tool to get us there.

I was on PD for over 4 years. You will better off with PD rather then Hemo. You will be at half capacity energy wise, but you can still get things done. It is a pain in the neck, but remember that this is keeping you alive. It should not change your life style that much outside of the energy factor. If you like to travel, no problem. You can have the water delivered wherever you like. As the time goes on, you will understand more about it. The main thing is to keep everything as clean as possible. My e-mail address is exitduwayne@yahoo.com if you would like to know more. I recieved a new kidney 13 months ago. I am back as good as ew with a few differances. I am now 70 years old and s my age holds me back a little.

All treatments for kidney failure require trade-offs, even transplant. It’s important for anyone facing kidney failure to evaluate every treatment option based on what is most important to him/her and what fits best with his/her lifestyle. Read about different home dialysis options and find at a chart with home and in-center options and factors that may help you make the best decision for you:

http://homedialysis.org/learn/types/