I need your guys help!

My name is Farruh i am from Uzbekistan Samarkand city, now i lived for 4 years in NYC Brooklyn, my sister shes name Nilufar she is transplant, we did transplantation in Moscow Russia, now after 5 years she is in bad condition she is kidney stop working and she need transplant or HD. So my question is if she came to US, NYC is it possible to get free or low cost HD in NYC, or second if i bye this mashine to get a HD at home hove much does it cost and where i can buy this, if so than i need to transport to my country…or there is another way to done all this problem, yes it is a problem because in my city we dont have good helth care system. Thank you for your consideration.

I’m sorry to hear that your sister is rejecting the transplanted kidney. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this rejection episode. Sometimes medicine can do that.

There is no free or low cost dialysis or transplant anywhere in the U.S. Those who are not US citizens or who have not lived in the US as a permanent legal resident for at least 5 years are not eligible for help from the government to pay for dialysis. Dialysis in the US is very costly…maybe even more than in other countries.

I found at least one places that offers hemodialysis in Uzbekistan.

Legal name:
CENTER OF NEPHROLOGY OF TASHKENT CITY
Address: Uzbekistan, Tashkent region, TASHKENT, YUNUSABAD area, YANGISHAHAR street, 9.
City code: вн.(371) межд.(71)
Phones: 2247618, 2249659

I also found an article that says that hemodialysis machines are going to be brought to Samarkand in 2014. You might check with the Ministry of Health in Uzbekistan or as someone at the center above:
http://uz24.uz/en/Society/uzbekistan-has-created-new-centers-for-artificial-kidney

I don’t know how much a hemodialysis machine costs, but you might be able to find out from the center I listed above. To do hemodialysis at home, your sister would need someone to help her do it and both would need to be trained how to do it safely. In the US training can take 6 weeks or more for a standard dialysis machine. Her home would have to have the electrical power that works for the machine and plumbing for the water treatment system and drain for the used dialysis fluid.

I couldn’t find if anyone in Uzbekistan offers training and support for peritoneal dialysis (PD). PD is often less costly, fast to learn to do at home (1-2 weeks), and can be done without a machine or a partner. You might ask about this when you call the number above.

I hope your sister gets the medical care that she needs.