Lynchburg Nephrology

I was putting up a post on our DialysisEthics board and I wanted to mention Lynchburg Nephrology in Virginia and link to them, but I notice their site is down and I can’t find a mention of them anymore at the Dialysis Facility Compare site. Dr. Lockridge was a leader in slow nocturnal dialysis and helping to start bills in congress - I was wondering what happened to him and his clinic, anybody know?

Plugger,

That is my clinic and Nephrologist. They have been having issues with their website. Im sure it will be back at some point. He and his clinic are alive and well…

///MM

Lynchburg Nephrology was sold to the University of Virginia, so it’s now UVA Lynchburg. It’s in our Home Dialysis Central database (http://www.homedialysis.org/locate/clinic_search.php?postedSearch=true&name=&state=VA&city=Lynchburg&zip=&radius=&owner=), and doesn’t seem to have its own website any more. I found it here, as part of UVA: http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/renal-services/locations/lynchburg.cfm. They are one of the NIH study sites for nocturnal HD.

Dori is correct. They are part of UVA now. The website was working up utnil approx 2 weeks ago when there was a database error on the site and that is when it went down and hasnt been back up since. I will ask about it next visit.

Thanks for all the info! I remember the Lynchburg Nephrology site having some great video and written testimonies for slow nocturnal dialysis, would be a shame to lose that.

[QUOTE=MiracleMan;19208]Plugger,

That is my clinic and Nephrologist. They have been having issues with their website. Im sure it will be back at some point. He and his clinic are alive and well…

///MM[/QUOTE]

Great to hear Dr. Lockridge is still at it! You are very lucky to have him as a doctor.

MiracleMan,

Heard anything?

Regards,
Chris

[QUOTE=plugger_;19242]MiracleMan,

Heard anything?

Regards,
Chris[/QUOTE]

Plugger,

Looks like the site is up, but still having dB issues. I will ask at my next clinic visit next week.

///MM

Hi y’all,

I emailed Dr. Lockridge when this thread first came up, to see if he had anything he wanted to add. He just got back to me (keep that in mind when you get to the last line. ;-)), and here’s what he said:

"Lynchburg Nephrology Dialysis was started in 1976 and was sold to the University of Virginia, the dialysis portion in November 2004. The practice Lynchburg Nephrology Physicians has remained separate from the University of Virginia and manages the patients at UVA Lynchburg Dialysis, UVA Amherst Dialysis and UVA Altavista Dialysis. The practice members are medical directors of the different units. I am medical director of the home training unit at UVA Lynchburg Dialysis Facility. There are 44 patients doing home hemodialysis. Of those, 39 are doing nocturnal dialysis.

There will be a new website up which is the Lynchburg Nephrology Physicians group website. Any information off the old website is still available by emailing to Dr. Robert S. Lockridge Jr. - rlockridge@lynchburgnephrology.com.

Thanks! Look forward to the new website!