My article got published in the American Journal of Kidney Disease!

As many of you know, AJKD invited contributions for their “In a few words” section. I wrote an article titled “Taking the Uncharted Path” about my journey towards daily nocturnal home hemo in India and guess what, it got selected!

It is being published in the January 2011 issue of the journal.

I am attaching a copy of the article for those that might be interested.

Thanks
Kamal

This is awesome, Kamal! Congratulations! Getting this information in front of nephrologists is a terrific accomplishment–and you’re an articulate writer. I especially appreciate you sharing your decision-making process–in particular, the importance of immediate lifestyle over long-term outcomes. Thank you so much for sharing this; I’ll be sending it on to some folks whom I think should see it. :slight_smile:

Thanks Dori! I am so thrilled!

This is a terrific article about your road to nocturnal home hemodialysis. Hopefully publication of this article will alert more physicians in India to the fact that their CKD and in-center HD patients can do nocturnal HD while sleeping so they can dialyze to live instead of live to dialyze.

Thanks so much Beth!

It’d be nice if more docs in the U.S. got that message as well. :slight_smile: Just hearing from a dialyzor who can competently form complete sentences might help some of them see that they have been underestimating their own population… Unfortunately, a number of docs–of all specialties–are very dismissive of patients.