New 107 cartridge

Someone posted at another site that they are getting higher pressures with the new cartridge and other problems. Anyone using the 107 yet?

Not 107, but 170…

I have had no problems with it…what I have noticed is that it Light weight…

Well, its been awhile now and used several more of those 170s…I’d have to say yes, the reports of high pressures are common, but also I’ve gotten 2 of those 170s leak…first time ever since starting dialysis with Nxstage in 2004. Personally, I’d have to say that the quality in durability has fallen significantly…

I hope they do something about it swifty, cuz I won’t risk with leaky leaky cartridges…

Gus

take a look at the financial news for NXTM (NXStage) for June 4. NXSTAGE is announcing the purchase of Medisystems. Medisystems is the manufacturer of the cartridges used by the NXStage system.

I am presuming the the cartridges we have at home (Marked CAR-160) which have been here for about 6 weeks now are the earlier version. We are new at this home hemo game, though my wife has been on dialysis at a center for about 3.5 years.

What we find is that the pressures fall during the sessions, I am sort of thinking that the Heparin is taking effect as bleed time seems to be increasing- we doing 6 sessions a week. By the 6th session in a row the bleed time is up near 15 mins, what I think might be a build up of Hep in her system.

guy

[quote=Guy Warner;13951]take a look at the financial news for NXTM (NXStage) for June 4. NXSTAGE is announcing the purchase of Medisystems. Medisystems is the manufacturer of the cartridges used by the NXStage system.

So what are you trying to imply? Blame Medisystems? What does that have to do with the topic here?

I am presuming the the cartridges we have at home (Marked CAR-160) which have been here for about 6 weeks now are the earlier version. We are new at this home hemo game, though my wife has been on dialysis at a center for about 3.5 years.

What we find is that the pressures fall during the sessions, I am sort of thinking that the Heparin is taking effect as bleed time seems to be increasing- we doing 6 sessions a week. By the 6th session in a row the bleed time is up near 15 mins, what I think might be a build up of Hep in her system.
[B]
15min bleed time is very long, you must consult with Dr. and cinic about this…don’t wait for nect appointment…call them immediately.

Anyway, I’ve used earlier versions of the cartridges and only the 170s randomly are causing problems with leaks beeing the worst of the problems, in my case. The most common problem I hear from other people using the 170s are high pressures. I too see some high pressures…over 250 nearish 300 on my end but not high enough to warrant a report, but I did report this. [/B]

guy[/quote]

We still have the 160’s and I have noticed a problem with less effiicient rinseback with the current series. We have tried increasing heparin, but does not help.

Leaking problem with the 170’s does not sound too good. I would assume you have to rinseback , Gus? How soon before you start another tx?

With regard to lengthy bleeding, my understanding is that heparin has a half life of about 30-60 minutes so should be out of your system rather quickly. I use 7,000 units for a 2:53 treatment and my bleeding usually stops within 2-3 minutes. I am starting new buttonholes, old ones became very sensitive so want so healing time then I may go back to them, and with the new sticks and sharps I have had a couple of times that it took up to 5 minutes to start but I am also learning just how to hold one that is at an odd angle and sometimes I apply the pressure incorrectly.

Cathy

Hmmm, I guess bleed times are different for different people. I use only 3000 units of heparin for a little over 2hr treatments, and I have to hold at least 10 min for each site.

Just reading through the postings and saw that there are some issues with the new 170 cartridges. I was just informed today by my rep at NXStage that I will be receiving the new cartridges on the next shipment. The rep stated that that the cartridges are better and people like them, but reading through the forum it seems as though this is not the case.

What are the issues exactly? What type (and where on the cartridge) of leaking is occuring and what pressures are high? Is it the arterial pressures that are rising?
Also, when during the treatment are the leaks being discovered - during setup or while on treatment? Are you receiving any alarms? Are you able to rinseback if its during the treatment?

Thanks

[quote=Jane;13953]We still have the 160’s and I have noticed a problem with less effiicient rinseback with the current series. We have tried increasing heparin, but does not help.

Leaking problem with the 170’s does not sound too good. I would assume you have to rinseback , Gus? How soon before you start another tx?[/quote]

Correct, blood needs to be returned manually…

[quote=Unregistered;13956]Just reading through the postings and saw that there are some issues with the new 170 cartridges. I was just informed today by my rep at NXStage that I will be receiving the new cartridges on the next shipment. The rep stated that that the cartridges are better and people like them, but reading through the forum it seems as though this is not the case.

Hehehehe, some of those reps really can’t tell you all the details, but there are mixed results going on around…better in another sense, but those 170s do have some another bad side of the story and only the patients using them can tell you. Firmly. I believe Nxstage will fix these issues, as they’re known to listen to their customers.

What are the issues exactly? What type (and where on the cartridge) of leaking is occuring and what pressures are high? Is it the arterial pressures that are rising?
Also, when during the treatment are the leaks being discovered - during setup or while on treatment? Are you receiving any alarms? Are you able to rinseback if its during the treatment?
Thanks[/quote]

Sorry, but won’t go into details…if you do ever get problems with yours immediately report it to both your clinic and Nxstage…don’t delay without reporting any unusual incidences you encounter.

Medisystems manufactures the buttonhole needles that we use during treatment, not the dialyzer cartridge. The cartridges are being manufactured in the new Mexican facility that NxStage just opened.

I have been using the 107 all of July and have noticed higher a & v preasuses.

Does this happens all throughout treatment or temporarily?