New to nocturnal

My husband started nocturnal on Oct. 18. He was the third person in NL to go on… We did 5 weeks training at the unit in St. John’s… Have been reading the post and would like to talk to others who are doing it. He is using Fresenious 2008 and a Gambro WRO 300. He is doing well. He has been on dialysis since 97. Was on PD for 2.5 years and it stopped working. Has been on hemo since then. We really enjoy the freedom of this. We had over an hours drive to get to the unit three times a week. He hooks up now for 8 hours 5 nights a week. Three in a row-skip a night -then 2 in a row. The only problem is being able to sleep. He was always a night person. He feels really well on this and has more energy than before. He always had a lot of energy even with the treatments and the driving He has to collect blood and carry it to the lab tomorrow. It the last blood work - post urea was 0.9 and creatine was 149.

Hi Delphine, and welcome to Home Dialysis Central! I’m glad you found us, and I’m sure folks will be glad to have another NHHD family in the bunch. Where is NL?

Hi Delphine,
Welcome to the group. The people here are the best.
I think there must be hundreds of years worth of information.
If you have questions, ask away. Someone will always jump in and answer as best they can.
Pat

Don’t know if this is how I reply but[NL ( Newfoundland Labrador) is on the east coast of Canada. If you want to see snow its here. We didn’t have any until a few days ago. Last night we had 20 cm. Lots of snowblowers and shovels being used today.QUOTE=delphine;11432]My husband started nocturnal on Oct. 18. He was the third person in NL to go on… We did 5 weeks training at the unit in St. John’s… Have been reading the post and would like to talk to others who are doing it. He is using Fresenious 2008 and a Gambro WRO 300. He is doing well. He has been on dialysis since 97. Was on PD for 2.5 years and it stopped working. Has been on hemo since then. We really enjoy the freedom of this. We had over an hours drive to get to the unit three times a week. He hooks up now for 8 hours 5 nights a week. Three in a row-skip a night -then 2 in a row. The only problem is being able to sleep. He was always a night person. He feels really well on this and has more energy than before. He always had a lot of energy even with the treatments and the driving He has to collect blood and carry it to the lab tomorrow. It the last blood work - post urea was 0.9 and creatine was 149.[/QUOTE]