Night time alarm

hi folks

i’m doing nocturnal , things have been great. at first it was very hard . but now things are going great. But the alarm I need to use is a pain in the a-- --. I use a a bed wetting alarm. it is just a a wire with alarm on one end and open wire, which you hook together then tape to site. the problem is the wire is to short and the wire is heavy wire.

Has anyone ever seen a wireless alarm. We have got all the bugs worked out, but this alarm I can’t find anywhere I can place it without in someway or other causing some problem.

Pat and Ralph I know that you do nocturnal, how do you place your alarm?

Thanks
Bob Obrien

[QUOTE=bobeleanor;14586]hi folks

i’m doing nocturnal , things have been great. at first it was very hard . but now things are going great.

Hopefullly someone will have your answer re the alarm, but let me congratulate you for making it to nocturnal. How much better do you feel overall? How many nightly txs are you doing per week? Are you using NxStage? Any other patients in your area doing nocturnal on NxStage?

[QUOTE=Jane;14587][QUOTE=bobeleanor;14586]hi folks

i’m doing nocturnal , things have been great. at first it was very hard . but now things are going great.

Hopefullly someone will have your answer re the alarm, but let me congratulate you for making it to nocturnal. How much better do you feel overall? How many nightly txs are you doing per week? Are you using NxStage? Any other patients in your area doing nocturnal on NxStage?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jane

Yes I’m on nxstage /pureflow, 30 liters a night. 6 nights a week, 8.5 hrs a night. . I feel great not just from the long tx time ( I had phos. # on the high side no matter) I was on nxstage since 4/03/06 short daily went to nocturnal 4/06/07. But I have my day time back, which for me when you put everything together add up to plus plus.

And no the center only uses nxstages and I don’t think as of today I’m the only one doing noctunal .

Most people who live in my area go to center 3 tx a week. the two nearest centers that do home hemo are 50 miles away . one is east of me and the other west. the one east of me will not do nocturnal. the one west of me will do noctunal.

Hope that was of some help

BobObrien

[QUOTE=bobeleanor;14586]hi folks

i’m doing nocturnal , things have been great. at first it was very hard . but now things are going great. But the alarm I need to use is a pain in the a-- --. I use a a bed wetting alarm. it is just a a wire with alarm on one end and open wire, which you hook together then tape to site. the problem is the wire is to short and the wire is heavy wire.

Has anyone ever seen a wireless alarm. We have got all the bugs worked out, but this alarm I can’t find anywhere I can place it without in someway or other causing some problem.

Pat and Ralph I know that you do nocturnal, how do you place your alarm?

Thanks
Bob Obrien[/QUOTE]

Bob,
The one we use is a child’s bed wetting alarm. It has quite a long line. I do not remember the name of it but will look tonight. and let you know.
It actually is too long because Ralph’s Fistula is in his upper arm. So we have it crunched up and held with a plastic siccors (sp).

Hope I don’t forget to look for you.
I am packing everything up including all his medical stuff and we are heading to Myrtel Beach on Friday.
Pat

[QUOTE=Pat Colongione;14591]Bob,
The one we use is a child’s bed wetting alarm. It has quite a long line. I do not remember the name of it but will look tonight. and let you know.
It actually is too long because Ralph’s Fistula is in his upper arm. So we have it crunched up and held with a plastic siccors (sp).

Hope I don’t forget to look for you.
I am packing everything up including all his medical stuff and we are heading to Myrtel Beach on Friday.
Pat[/QUOTE]

Hi Pat

Enjoy your time away. Just try to get back to me when ever you get to it.

Things are working ,but it’s me, I look at this and say is there something better?

thanks
Bob Obrien

[QUOTE=bobeleanor;14590][QUOTE=Jane;14587]

Hi Jane

Yes I’m on nxstage /pureflow, 30 liters a night. 6 nights a week, 8.5 hrs a night. . I feel great not just from the long tx time ( I had phos. # on the high side no matter) I was on nxstage since 4/03/06 short daily went to nocturnal 4/06/07. But I have my day time back, which for me when you put everything together add up to plus plus

Is your energy and physical wellness improved compared to the SDD txs and are you able to eat more phos. and potass. foods? Any trouble adjusting to sleeping hooked up at night? You said your phos. was still high- maybe it takes some time to come down? Any problems with alarms at night? Bet it must be great having your days free.

Hi Bob
I don’t know of one that is remote. I use one called Dri Sleeper http://www.dri-sleeper.com/ which has 80 cm of line with it. I tuck the alarm end just under the lower edge of my pillow. When I roll over it usually comes out but can’t go anywhere as the sensor end is securely taped on the underside of my lower arm fistula. I know some people actually tape the alarm part to their shoulder but I would find that a bit uncomfortable.
Cheers

[QUOTE=Jane;14593][QUOTE=bobeleanor;14590][QUOTE=Jane;14587]
Is your energy and physical wellness improved compared to the SDD txs and are you able to eat more phos. and potass. foods? Any trouble adjusting to sleeping hooked up at night? You said your phos. was still high- maybe it takes some time to come down? Any problems with alarms at night? Bet it must be great having your days free.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jane

My energy and health have always been good. ,what put me on dialysis was UTI that I got from self cath.
But yes I still feel great and yes I have to watch what I eat, not as much as when in center or doing short daily. I eat cheese , I love cheese, you know different types of cheese. Outside of that I have always eaten well. No fast food , no ice cream , no salt, no smoking ,no drinking. All my #'s after the first real month home were great and still are great.

Sleeping was the hard part. A # of issues , alarms, fear, the machine sounds. but I’ve been home doing nocturnal since 5/07. Right now I would not go back to short daily , in the first month I was ready to go everyday. So If you are thinking about making the change. Make sure you have a great partner( which I could write all day about) or have a great deal of self mind.

[QUOTE=beachy;14594]Hi Bob
I don’t know of one that is remote. I use one called Dri Sleeper http://www.dri-sleeper.com/ which has 80 cm of line with it. I tuck the alarm just under the lower edge of my pillow. When I roll over it usually comes out but can’t go anywhere as it is securely taped at my arm. I know some people actually tape the alarm part to their shoulder but I would find that a bit uncomfortable.
Cheers[/QUOTE]
Hi Beachy

The # I have if my math is right is the length of mine is119 cm /47 inchs. my is Nytone. the alarm end is hard plastic.I can’t imagine in it my arm pit. The problem is finding a spot. right now my fistula is on my upper left arm, the machine is right next to my left side . Right now I tend to roll on it in the middle of the night. I’ve try hooking it to me but no luck. It just one more wire that when I move around can and has caused problems

thanks
BobOBrien

Bob here is the sit for the alarm we use. It is the Yellow and Blue one on the left.
This company just came out with a wireless.

Check it out.

http://www.dri-sleeper.com/cgi-bin/runisa.dll?sb:drisu::cpn=121,s

Pat

Bobelenor

Glad to hear that you are now doing nocturnal…
My partner has been doing it at home NHHD for about 6 1/2 years…
No problem sleeping… Guess because she was on PD with Baxter Home choice for about 9 years. After a while you get use to it and the alarms come and go and with a dedicated helper you will get use to those alarms…
Since my partner uses a cathater, we do not use a leak detector… We have heard that she should be using needles but… the cathater is a lot easier and better suited for nocturnal dialysis.

HemoHelper