Nx Stage User Group Turf Wars

Concerning the Nx Stage User Group on Yahoo, the Nx Stage User Group on Google and the Nx Stage_Users on Yahoo I apologize if my cross posts caused any harm it certainly wasn’t the reason I did it. I crossed posts because Gus set up two Nx Stage User sites (Yahoo and Google) and Rich set up one (Yahoo). Since the topic of course is the same for all to create a network for patients and care givers dealing with Nx Stage I didn’t expect any harm. Responding to all three helped me from getting confused. As you know my thoughts on Nx Stage have never been very secretive so I didn’t think sharing them across the board would be harmful. What I should have done was delete any part of the messages that were not initially generated by me. For that I apologize.

Perhaps Gus’ forums were getting a bit too paranoid for safety and inclusivity for my jovial and personal nature. So I suppose it is for the best that I am no longer associated with Gus. Though I did last week nominate him as a DPC Hero. I hold no ill will toward Gus. He has got to do his thing and well I guess it wasn’t my thing.

For those of you who enjoy my insights into Nx Stage, Short term daily dialysis, and being a dialysis dad please consider joining NxStage_Users@yahoogroups.com or visit my blog, Tasty Kidney Pie at http://360.yahoo.com/[B]the_riverdude.[/B]

Have a great day. Erich

Erich Ditschman

The nice thing about the internet is that it is big enough to handle all of us but I have to say that I do not understand the appeal of the listserv structure verses the open format we enjoy here at HDC. I lurk on the listservs (I’ve been a member of Dialysis_Support since 1995 or 96) I think posting to HDC has more value than posting to a listserv. What with limited time and all I’d rather post one place than cross post every discussion.

From the very first start of “Nxstage Users Group” the original and founded in September 7, 2005 …has always been a private group and TheRiverDude was very well aware of that. He has caused un-authorized activities there and for that reason had to be removed. I recommended him this forum and other forums that are open to the public but instead he followed another former member who decided to open another Nxstage Users Group…har har har…

Anway, for people who values privacy over their current experience of using Nxstage System One, well, head on over to [B]“Nxstage Users Group”

[/B]For those of you wiith gmail account visit us at “Nxstage Users Group on Google”
[B]

For the time beeing, this board here is the #1 place to be…so if you like to speak about Nxstage open to the public do it here please.

[/B]

Every day I learn something new. . . that is the beauty of life! Erich

Har… har…har…? Heheheh? What’s all the fighting for? Enough already!

We all have a terminal disease. That’s proven to us everytime one of our fellow patients passes on. What we need are grownup solutions to our everyday problems. The fact that some people don’t like the way one group is managed over the other just gives them options. The two groups in question have different visions. That’s all right! Perhaps that’s good!

The NxStage community is growing by leaps and bounds. That should be good for all of us. And this isn’t about competition. I certainly can attest when it comes to our new group that it’s not about ego. I’m also sure the people in the other group also would attest to that. So what’s the fight?

My suggestion to patients or caregivers using NxStage is to join and participate in both. There may be a time when you consider one more of a home over the other; it’s simple to unsubscribe. However, I must say that if I was a member on more than one that I would want to cross-post, and I, for one, wouldn’t object to that on our new group. But there is a difference. The new group is being established where decisions will be made in what some of us feel is in a more democratic way. So even if I wouldn’t object, my singular view would not take charge over the wishes of the others. OK, it’s an experiment, but one some of us want to test.

But here on HDC, let’s get on to the important issues like “entrenching the status quo”.

[quote=Rich Berkowitz;14039]Har… har…har…? Heheheh? What’s all the fighting for? Enough already!

We all have a terminal disease. That’s proven to us everytime one of our fellow patients passes on. What we need are grownup solutions to our everyday problems. The fact that some people don’t like the way one group is managed over the other just gives them options. The two groups in question have different visions. That’s all right! Perhaps that’s good!

The NxStage community is growing by leaps and bounds. That should be good for all of us. And this isn’t about competition. I certainly can attest when it comes to our new group that it’s not about ego. I’m also sure the people in the other group also would attest to that. So what’s the fight?

My suggestion to patients or caregivers using NxStage is to join and participate in both. There may be a time when you consider one more of a home over the other; it’s simple to unsubscribe. However, I must say that if I was a member on more than one that I would want to cross-post, and I, for one, wouldn’t object to that on our new group. But there is a difference. The new group is being established where decisions will be made in what some of us feel is in a more democratic way. So even if I wouldn’t object, my singular view would not take charge over the wishes of the others. OK, it’s an experiment, but one some of us want to test.

But here on HDC, let’s get on to the important issues like “entrenching the status quo”.[/quote]

In that case, as you know the new BILL that may affect us all dialysis patients as in whole is quite a serious matter and would be nice to see you advocate the members that followed you and encourage them to be Proactive in this matter.

Take Care,
Gus

[quote=Gus;14040]In that case, as you know the new BILL that may affect us all dialysis patients as in whole is quite a serious matter and would be nice to see you advocate the members that followed you and encourage them to be Proactive in this matter.

Take Care,
Gus[/quote]

Gus,

I spoke to 15 members of the East Lansing Lions club yesterday on this issue and I wrote letters concerning this issue to my Congressman Mike Rogers and to my esteemed Senators, Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow. I’ve also recently invited them to visit me at home and at my clinic while they are home during summer recess. You are abosultely right, we all need to get involved and keep involved.

Erich