Nxstage centers,in md,va,sc,nc,ga,fl,

:?: Some one please tell me where the NxStage centers are in those states I mentioned above. I’m trying to find an md,and a center that is
knowledgeable of Nxstage,and willing to add me to thier patient list, without a great deal amount of stress and anxiety,money,and mind games.

Have you tried calling or emailing NxStage (www.nxstage.com) to find out if they have clients in those states? They could probably refer you to the person you should talk with in clinics that do have contracts with NxStage. If you go to the NxStage website, look for contact us to get their phone number and a mailing form.

I e-mailed them for info over a week ago and so far have had no response, so I would recommend trying phone, or snail mail. I’m in SC so if anyone gets info on their service in SC, please either post here or email me at Blackwxyz@yahoo.com TIA Lorelle

I e-mailed them for info over a week ago and so far have had no response, so I would recommend trying phone, or snail mail. I’m in SC so if anyone gets info on their service in SC, please either post here or email me at Blackwxyz@yahoo.com TIA Lorelle[/quote]

Have tried calling from these dialysis center lists?

http://www.healthcarehiring.com/dialysis_facilities_south_carolina.html
http://www.healthcarehiring.com/dialysis_facilities_north_carolina.html

You might also want to contact WellBound for their services, just maybe they’d want to open a center over there…the more people requesting for services from a certain region the most likely they’d open a center there…

Before I’d call all the clinics in the links above, I’d call the clinics in the Home Dialysis Central database that say they offer any kind of home hemodialysis. You can find this using the Find a Center database from the home page. However, before I did that, I’d call NxStage. The number is toll free – 866/697-8243. I bet you’d be able to find out the information you need from a live human being at the company.

"Have tried calling from these dialysis center lists?

http://www.healthcarehiring.com/dialysis_facilities_south_carolina.html"

Thanks!! Just spoke w/ social worker at a center only 10 minutes from us, in Easley, SC. She was very helpful w/ info. (About 75% of their patients have been referred by the Nephs in the practice where Hubby goes.) They do not offer home hemo but do work closely w/ a center in Greenville, SC, about 20 miles from us that does. (Coincidentally it is where Neph has already scheduled us for a class on the 17th.) We could possibly go to the closest center in Easley for the months necessary to get Hubby ready for home hemo – save lots of gas and lots of travel time – and then transfer to the one in Greenville when/if home hemo is available.

I contacted the center in Greenville, SC and they do NOT use the NxStage unit and the home hemo nurse said she does not believe there is anyone in our area that does use it. She also said home hemo is available from their unit on a “very limited basis”. She said they would not provide assistance in getting a NxSatge unit made available, and would not provide support if we were somehow able to get access to one. :frowning: If hubby can’t travel, he can’t work – at almost 63 years old he’s probably not going to want to change professions and he really doesn’t want to retire

BTW, the social worker in Easley was very kind and helpful in answering several questions about handling expenses w/o health insurance – I feel much better after having spoken w/ her; but of course bummed out about the lack of access to NxStage at either unit.

I guess next step is a call direct to NxStage.

Thanks again for the link!
Lorelle

I called NxStage at 866-697-8243. Reps are out of the office, calling on dialysis centers and have daily been flooded w/ hundreds of requests for info., mostly from patients. They are entering all of the info into a database to show the centers where the calls are originating to illustrate the demand for their equipment. (Everyone interested please call them!) The newest contact info. is picked up from the office each weekend and calls are returned the following week – so I’ll have to wait until sometime after next Monday to get more info.

BTW, the woman on the phone said centers are signing up for and ordering NxStage units so fast that they can’t keep the list of centers using their equipment current.

Lorelle@ Don’t give up, I know you can get a NxStage, right now the demand is high so soon you will see clinics offering it all over…just try showing interest by calling the closest clinics once in a while and talk to your Nephrologist and social worker that you really want to go home and do dialysis, even make an appointment to a clinic where they use it to learn about it so that they know that you really want to go home and do dialysis…

P.S. This is Gus from DailyHemo.org 8) …btw, am planning on a new database for clincs offering NxStage, Aksys, and what not, home training!! :smiley:

“…You might also want to contact WellBound for their services, just maybe they’d want to open a center over there…the more people requesting for services from a certain region the most likely they’d open a center there…”

Closest rep for WellBound is in Brentwood, TN. He has no contacts at all in SC. :frowning: [/quote]

Thanks, Gus, you’re an angel :smiley: I look forward to seeing that database!!

As soon as I find the closest clinic using NxStage, I definitely will schedule a visit. In the meantime, I’m doing all I can to create “buzz” here. I even sent the stock info on their IPO and latest stock quote to several friends. :lol:

Yes, found it today!! Davita Atlanta Midtown 404-249-9199 Ask for Kristi Rueping. She said that it was okay to post the info so patientes can find them. They have NxStage users and want more, and having patients live several hours driving time away from the center is NOT a problem for them. They have several Nephs working w/ them and are affiliated w/ Emory University. They currently have 54 home hemo patients and are getting ready to move into a new and larger center just for home hemo patients!! Kristi spent 50 minutes w/ me on the phone from her home tonight! Said all of her patients have her home phone and cell phone numbers and she almost always carries a beeper for emergencies. She herself has only one kidney and the other has a PKD cyst, so her choice of career – 15 years as a dialysis nurse – was a well motivated choice. I can’t wait to meet her – she sounds wonderful!!!

Yes, found it today!! Davita Atlanta Midtown 404-249-9199 Ask for Kristi Rueping. She said that it was okay to post the info so patientes can find them. They have NxStage users and want more, and having patients live several hours driving time away from the center is NOT a problem for them. They have several Nephs working w/ them and are affiliated w/ Emory University. They currently have 54 home hemo patients and are getting ready to move into a new and larger center just for home hemo patients!! Kristi spent 50 minutes w/ me on the phone from her home tonight! Said all of her patients have her home phone and cell phone numbers and she almost always carries a beeper for emergencies. She herself has only one kidney and the other has a PKD cyst, so her choice of career – 15 years as a dialysis nurse – was a well motivated choice. I can’t wait to meet her – she sounds wonderful!!![/quote]

Congratulations! You really did, and I knew you wouldn’t give up… 8)

Wow, they’re really growing up there fast… :shock: