NxStage in OTHER Countries!

Hi y’all,

This is exciting news for folks outside of the U.S.

NxStage and Kimal Announce First International Distribution of NxStage’s Home Hemodialysis and Critical Care Systems

NxStage’s portable home hemodialysis and critical care systems to be available in the UK and Ireland through distribution agreement with Kimal plc

LAWRENCE, Mass., May 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ – NxStage Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM), a leading manufacturer of innovative dialysis products, today announced that it signed a five-year exclusive distribution agreement with Kimal plc, a distributor of medical device technology across the UK and International healthcare markets, for the promotion, sale, delivery and service of the NxStage System One and certain of the Company’s in-center products in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. This agreement encompasses all three NxStage markets – home, critical care and in-center – and marks the Company’s first international expansion for the System One outside of the US and Canada.

Under the terms of the agreement, the NxStage System One and PureFlow SL dialysate preparation system will be available to dialysis centers and hospitals throughout the UK and Ireland exclusively through Kimal. Kimal also has the option to make Medisystems bloodlines and ButtonHole needles available to their customers in these regions.

The UK’s National Health Services (NHS) has set the goal of increasing the percentage of UK patients who utilize home hemodialysis to 10 to 15% from its present level of under 2%. The NHS objective was set after a comprehensive study published in 2002 by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) suggested that future technology could aid in gaining wider acceptance of home hemodialysis. There are more than 20,000 patients currently receiving dialysis treatment in the UK and Ireland.

“After nearly two million treatments and compelling patient and clinical experience with the NxStage System One in the United States, we are excited to partner with Kimal plc, a long-standing and well-respected leader in medical products distribution,” stated Jeff Burbank, CEO of NxStage Medical, Inc. “As an industry pioneer, this agreement represents a significant milestone for our Company, demonstrating the strength of our product offering. We expect that this relationship will provide additional growth opportunities for both companies in 2010 and further our founding mission to provide more patients access to our life-changing therapy.”

NxStage management expects the agreement to be cash flow neutral to slightly positive upon the joint launch of the distribution relationship in the second half of 2009. NxStage management further stated that they expect initial market penetration to be reflected in revenue contribution in 2010.

“We strive to provide our customers with innovative technology that improves patient care,” said Alan Press, CEO of Kimal plc. “Through this partnership, dialysis patients will gain immediate access to NxStage’s System One that offers treatment flexibility and ease of use to caregivers in critical care settings. NxStage’s System One will also provide us the ability to offer a proven, effective home hemodialysis solution to patients receiving dialysis treatment in the UK and Ireland.”

NxStage management will discuss its agreement with Kimal plc during its first quarter 2009 financial results conference call on Friday, May 8, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. To listen to the conference call, please dial 888-396-2369 (domestic) or 617-847-8710 (international). The passcode is 84522793. The call will also be webcast LIVE and can be accessed via the investor relations section of NxStage’s website at www.nxstage.com/ir.cfm.

A replay of the conference call will be available 3 hours after the start of the call through May 22, 2009. To access the replay dial 888-286-8010 (domestic) or 617-801-6888 (international) and enter passcode 17843987. An online archive of the conference call can be accessed via the investor relations section of NxStage’s website at www.nxstage.com/ir.cfm.

About Kimal plc

Kimal develops, manufactures, markets and distributes innovative medical device technology across the UK and International healthcare market. Kimal’s extensive range comprises products for diagnostic and interventional cardiology, radiology, renal disease and oncology. Kimal is a premier provider of customised procedural solutions, being market leader in over 12 countries.

Kimal’s strategic vision allows us to develop our core existing business while opening up new opportunities across the world, whether via distributor or principal relationships, direct sales or by joint venture with other like minded organizations.

The company was formed in 1964 as a wholly British owned organisation, a statement which remains true today in the 21st Century. More detail on Kimal can be found by visiting their website – http://www.kimal.com.

About NxStage Medical

NxStage Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM) is a medical device company, headquartered in Lawrence, Massachusetts, USA, that develops, manufactures and markets innovative products for the treatment of End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and acute kidney failure. For more information on NxStage and its products, please visit NxStage’s website at www.nxstage.com. To request more information on how to access NxStage products through Kimal, please visit www.nxstage.com/partners/request_information.cfm.

Forward-Looking Statements

This release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements contained in this release that are not clearly historical in nature are forward-looking, and the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “estimate,” “plan,” and similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors including Kimal’s ability to successfully promote, sell and service our products, customer demand for our products in the UK and Ireland, the anticipated impact of the Kimal transaction on cash flow and revenues, and factors that are discussed in NxStage’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008. NxStage is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

NxStage Medical:
Kristen K. Sheppard, Esq.
VP, Investor Relations
ksheppard@nxstage.com

Kimal plc
Ken Findlay
Ken_F indlay@kimal.co.uk
+44 7977 250427

CONTACT: Kristen K. Sheppard, Esq., VP, Investor Relations of NxStage Medical, +1-978-332-5923, ksheppard@nxstage.com; or Ken Findlay of Kimal plc, +44-7977-250427, Ken_Findlay@kimal.co.uk

Dorii, I was going to the forum to post the news, but as usual you beat me to it. Hopefully this means a Great Expanding Future for NxStage and all of its Users.

MM

So…According to the article, the National Health Service set a goal of increasing home hemodialysis from <2% now to 15%. What has the U.S. has set as its goal for HHD? Maybe it’s time to push to establish a goal…

This is excellent news. Now, how about India, NxStage? :slight_smile:

Kamal

I read this post on anothr board this morning.

Of course I immediately sent it to my consulant

Been waiting a long time for this. The NxStage System One will be coming to the UK.

For those who dont know what it is see: http://www.nxstage.com/chronic_renal_care/products/index.cfm

Press releases:

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-07-2009/0005022006&EDATE=

Outside of USA and Canada … makes it sound like it is available in Canada but it isn’t. We have been waiting for it to be in Canada … this sentence had confused me in the article.

Angie,

It is actually approved by NXStage for sale to Canada, but not approved by us (Canada) for use, if that makes any sense. I think (HOPE!!!) it is coming soon. I contacted NXStage last year as I was confused as well.

Kidney_Mom in Canada

[quote=Kidney_Mom;17740]Angie,

It is actually approved by NXStage for sale to Canada, but not approved by us (Canada) for use, if that makes any sense. I think (HOPE!!!) it is coming soon. I contacted NXStage last year as I was confused as well.

Kidney_Mom in Canada[/quote]

Ah okay so it is Canada that is stopping it? I was wondering why other countries were now getting it but still not Canada. Figures … man.

Well I posted (finally) on NxStageUsers forum and started a thread about NxStage in Canada. http://www.nxstageusers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=339#post339

I think they may be trying the UK market then maybe Europe

So Bones, are you going to be the fisrt NxStager in the UK. NxStageUsers is looking to going international once there are actual dialyzors.

Haha

I wish, I doubt I’ll be the first to use the NXstage. My hospital doesn’t even have a home heamo nurse at the moment, hasn’t for the past 2 years, almost the amount of time I’ve been on home heamo.

I’m thinking of moving hospitals actually, but thats another story. No matter how much they say their gonna do things and improve, I don’t see it happening.

But ya can wish me luck:) You’ll here about it if I DO get one:)

I’ve been invited to take part in this, which should be interesting:)

[i]Baxter is looking to undertake a customer activity cycle on the 31st July and we are looking to recruit patients, approximately 10 HHD patients to attend.

In any business it is critical that the patients/carers who use our services inform the process by which they are developed. Home Haemodialysis is commonplace however it will need to continue to develop as technology, lifestyles and therapies change.

Specifically, we intend to:
· Gain feedback from patients on Home Haemodialysis
· Use the feedback to inform the development of our service
· Learn from the audience’s previous experiences

The Customer Activity Cycle methodology was developed by Prof. Sandra Vandermerwe, University of London to identify the potential for adding real, long term value for users of products and services. In order to do this successfully it makes sense to involve patients in identifying critical elements of a specific activity.

The practical application of this process consists of involving a group of patients in identifying areas in a process where value could be added or inefficiencies could be removed. This is done in 3 stages.

1. Identify all activities that impact the process in 3 areas:

1. Pre Treatment
    2. During Treatment
    3. Post Treatment
  2. Identify potential solutions that can either:

1. Add Value to an existing activity
    2. Eliminate an activity that is inefficient
  3. Prioritisation of the identified solutions

We therefore need to recruit some HHD patients to participate in this activity and are looking to recruit 8-10 patients. The meetings will take place at the Baxter Renal Education Centre based at Kew in London and will start at 13:30 and last for approximately 3 hours (lunch will be available from 12:30).

Baxter will cover travel expenses and offer an honoraria of £35 for participation.[/i]

I’m happy to say that the NxStage is now in British Columbia, but as a pilot project. right now
there are 11 of us on it and hopefully within a year, the bags will be approved, so we are using the
pure flow at the moment.

Hello
I would like to know if Philippine market can avail for nxstage machine

Janette alberto

Contact NxStage using their online form here - https://www.nxstage.com/contact/.