NxStage Red 24 Alarm - High Arterial / Pressure Pod

Anyone experiencing problems during your treatment where your arterial pressure will jump all of a sudden and then you get the red 24? Then it could be good for a while and happen again.

This seems to happen right after raising the blood flow. It eventually comes down to normal, but sometimes requires a pod reset.

I called tec support and they stated this is a know issue happening sporadically with certain cartridge lot #'s. There are a few options you have…

• reset the pressure pod
  • back down on the blood flow approx 50 points and see if the pressure goes back down, then gradually go back up.
  • could be the pressure pod line where it attaches to the machine. Could be too tight, or not tight enouph.

I was told that If this happens, pease report it to Tech Support to the issue can be set on a higher priority.

One known lot number is 9077717. Please post any other lot numbers anyone may be aware of.

thanks,

///M3R

Its quite tricky cuz it may not be the machine, could also be some blockage in your access or somewhere in the upper vessels… sometimes by moving the lines, raising them, or twisting them have an effect.

[QUOTE=MiracleMan;18533]Anyone experiencing problems during your treatment where your arterial pressure will jump all of a sudden and then you get the red 24? Then it could be good for a while and happen again.

This seems to happen right after raising the blood flow. It eventually comes down to normal, but sometimes requires a pod reset.

I called tec support and they stated this is a know issue happening sporadically with certain cartridge lot #'s. There are a few options you have…

• reset the pressure pod
  • back down on the blood flow approx 50 points and see if the pressure goes back down, then gradually go back up.
  • could be the pressure pod line where it attaches to the machine. Could be too tight, or not tight enouph.

I was told that If this happens, pease report it to Tech Support to the issue can be set on a higher priority.

One known lot number is 9077717. Please post any other lot numbers anyone may be aware of.

thanks,

///M3R[/QUOTE]

Good day from France !

I noticed the 24 errors came whenever I was lying down and my arm was at the same level as the body. I just had to position the arm lower than the body and all 24 errors and warnings disappeared.

have you tried and reposition your needle, it could be hitting the wall, make sure while inserting the needle is straight up and down on your arm. depends on type if needle you can try and turn needle around and have the bevel of the needle facing down and see if that works, also how far apart are you putting your needles, if they are close together you will get improper cleaning also pressures on your arterial can go up, try and keep them 2 inches apart.