Obama healthcare team gives greenlight to Second Life volunteers!

The Obama/Biden team is using new technology to the fullest: online organizing through their website & Facebook are standard. But the goal of replacing 8 years of secrecy with accountability & citizen engagement could be helped tremendously using virtual worlds such as Second Life. Now the healthcare transition team sanctioned an experiment: Draxtor Despres recently participated in a community discussion on healthcare and looked at the potential…

WATCH VIDEO

Interesting approach, Gus! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the cutting edge. :slight_smile:

Hi Folks

Hey Gus

Help Us … I watched video, I’ve already email Obama’s team.

Thanks
Bob OBrien

[QUOTE=Gus;17040]The Obama/Biden team is using new technology to the fullest: online organizing through their website & Facebook are standard. But the goal of replacing 8 years of secrecy with accountability & citizen engagement could be helped tremendously using virtual worlds such as Second Life. Now the healthcare transition team sanctioned an experiment: Draxtor Despres recently participated in a community discussion on healthcare and looked at the potential…

WATCH VIDEO[/QUOTE]

This year an explosion of virtual worlds is on the rise. The new tech in this area is jaw dropping! Realism is much higher, such as emulating emotions and movement. In the coming years people will be able to meet legislators and your very own Doctor virtually online like never before, all from the desktop at home!

Related Articles:

I think its great time to keep up with the ever-changing technologies. I think Home Dialysis Central would be nice to have a presence in Second Life …

Hi Gus, have you seen this? You can develop courses using Second Life! http://www.sloodle.org/moodle/.

Yes, I knew about that…impressive ain’t it. Especially that its OpenSource…a good thing for educators.

There’s one particular project similiar to that one that has caught great great interest in behalf of the projects I do there in SL…the name of that projects is “Studio Wikitecture”
Basicly. its a collaboration tool for architects and builders alike in SL. Here’s a video demoing how it works …

This video shows how real life architects collaborate in SL
Archtecture on the Double

This Video Shows How Studio Wikitecture benefits Architects and builders alike
Wikitecture Tree Demo

Just imagine what you can do in bringing home dialysis education in SL, [COLOR=Black]t[/COLOR]he possibilities are incredible! Heres some example medical projects currently in SL…

Its imaginable how fast times are changing and how virtuality will have an impact on the generations ahead.