On a Happy Note

Ralph and I were featured in an article about our center.
It appeared on our 44th Anavirsary!
Here is the link.

Enjoy.
Pat

Hi Folks

Hello Pat And Ralph
Hope You guys are enjoying the summer and Happy Anniversary…

Great story, I wish more centers were like the one you two have found. A couple of questions.In the story it talked of having folks on dialysis as far away 200, 300miles away. Do these folks have to make the month in /out trip? Or are they seen by local Dr and only seen at center on 3 to 4 month trip?

[QUOTE=Pat Colongione;16324]Ralph and I were featured in an article about our center.
Here is the link.

Enjoy.
Pat[/QUOTE]

thanks

bob obrien

Hi Bob,
Some of the patients do make the trip if they cannot get a dr in their area to keep tabs on them.
You need to remember that they need a contact in their area in case of emergency. We are monitored on the internet (nocturnal) the people that do 2-3 hrs a day have to fax/send in run sheets.
Hope this helps.
Pat

Hi Folks

Hi Pat and Ralph

Bare with me a bit, What Dr in the person’s area checks in on the person? Is it a Dr that is tied with the center or a renal dr that just agrees with the center but is tied with a different company? I know nxstage has the the hook up to see things while a person is on nocturnal. How is the center set up to watch or see what the person is doing on nocturnal? Thank you so much

Best to All Bob O’Brien

[QUOTE=Pat Colongione;16327]Hi Bob,
Some of the patients do make the trip if they cannot get a dr in their area to keep tabs on them.
You need to remember that they need a contact in their area in case of emergency. We are monitored on the internet (nocturnal) the people that do 2-3 hrs a day have to fax/send in run sheets.
Hope this helps.
Pat[/QUOTE]

I just check with the Head of our program and she said that you must come to a clinic once a month.
As for Nxstage nocturnal, we are hooked through the internet. There is a “jewel” box on the back of the Nxstage machine (computer) which is programed so that all the informations while treatment is ongoing is fed to people at one of our centers. They are there from 7:30pm to 7:00 am, Sunday through Friday nights. Everyone has Sat. night off.
Does that help?
Pat

Hi Folks

Hi Pat

Some what , I mean the people on dialysis who live 200 miles plus away, do they have to come back to same center where they were trained? A person has centers nearby ,but those centers do not offer the nxstage machine. The only center that offers this is 200 miles away. Once the person is trained on the nxstage at the center 200 miles away, do they have to go to the center 200 miles away? Or is it done by computer with check ups done by near by Drs? Sorry I just want to make sure I don’t misnderstand what rules are for what people.

[QUOTE=Pat Colongione;16331]I just check with the Head of our program and she said that you must come to a clinic once a month.
As for Nxstage nocturnal, we are hooked through the internet. There is a “jewel” box on the back of the Nxstage machine (computer) which is programed so that all the informations while treatment is ongoing is fed to people at one of our centers. They are there from 7:30pm to 7:00 am, Sunday through Friday nights. Everyone has Sat. night off.
Does that help?
Pat[/QUOTE]

thanks
bob obrien

Right now dialysis clinics are operating under the regulations that have been in effect for 30+ years. The new regulations will take effect October 14, 2008. The new interpretive guidelines for the new Conditions for Coverage will probably answer this and many other questions in the Condition: Care at Home. Stay tuned and when they’re published, I’ll post how to find them.

[QUOTE=Pat Colongione;16324]Ralph and I were featured in an article about our center.
Here is the link.

Enjoy.
Pat[/QUOTE]

Great article…Thanks for sharing it with us and for opening your home to prospective patients so they can see what it’s like to do hemodialysis at home. I’m sure that helps them make a more informed decision.

Bob,
Yes they have to come back to our center if they trained their. Even if it is 200 miles away. Times are worked out for them to make the trip. The computer monitoring is done nightly (nocturnal only) for what is going on with the machine etc. You make the trip once a month to meet with your Dr., nurse, dietician, and social worker, and pick up supplies that need to be replaced.
Does that help? If not please e-mail me privately and give me your phone number and I will call you and we can talk.
Pat

Hi Pat

Some what , I mean the people on dialysis who live 200 miles plus away, do they have to come back to same center where they were trained? A person has centers nearby ,but those centers do not offer the nxstage machine. The only center that offers this is 200 miles away. Once the person is trained on the nxstage at the center 200 miles away, do they have to go to the center 200 miles away? Or is it done by computer with check ups done by near by Drs? Sorry I just want to make sure I don’t misnderstand what rules are for what people.

thanks
bob obrien[/QUOTE]

enjoyed bthe article …and congrads… inviting people into your home… your really helping other’s…As for being monitored I know of people living in British Columbia being monitored by Humber River Regional Hospital … Ontario… leave it to the internet !!