Patient Rights Advocacy

Now that the Colorado Tech bill has been passed I’ve decided to volunteer more of my time to PatientRightsAdvocacy.org - http://www.patientrightsadvocacy.org/ . This is an organization that not only believes in legislative solutions to the problems in health care – but also legal.

The lawyers are readying lawsuits in California concerning poor patient care. California patients who feel their care has been inadequate are urged to contact PatientRightsAdvocacy.org… But I should mention any patient who feels their care is inadequate is urged to contact this organization for free chart reviews and lab monitoring - even if you don’t want to be part of a lawsuit. The lawyers have their sights on California right now, but anyone can get help in seeing what kind of care they are getting from our experienced nurses.

PatientRightsAdvocacy.org was formerly DialysisEthics. One of the notable accomplishments of DialysisEthics is not having any patients that have been in contact with them dumped from their clinics for over nine years (I will mention the first patient ever advocated for was lost). I will also say the dumping of non-violent patients is no longer allowed and if you know of any incident PatientRightsAvocacy.org can be contacted or CMS – one CMS contact is Brady Augustine.

This is a chance to fight back against bad care – please take it.

Contact info:

ph. 1-888-687-2298

Email: arlene@patientrightsadvocacy.org

P.S. I should add the website is in the process of being updated and if you want a faster response I would suggest contacting the 888 phone number first.

plugger,

Congrats on your new advocacy position. What exactly do you mean when you say nurses at Patient Rights Advocacy will be doing free chart reviews and lab monitoring? And which regulation says non-violent patients can not be “dumped” ?

[quote=plugger_;13972]Now that the Colorado Tech bill has been passed I’ve decided to volunteer more of my time to PatientRightsAdvocacy.org - http://www.patientrightsadvocacy.org/ . This is an organization that not only believes in legislative solutions to the problems in health care – but also legal.

The lawyers are readying lawsuits in California concerning poor patient care. California patients who feel their care has been inadequate are urged to contact PatientRightsAdvocacy.org… But I should mention any patient who feels their care is inadequate is urged to contact this organization for free chart reviews and lab monitoring - even if you don’t want to be part of a lawsuit. The lawyers have their sights on California right now, but anyone can get help in seeing what kind of care they are getting from our experienced nurses.

PatientRightsAdvocacy.org was formerly DialysisEthics. One of the notable accomplishments of DialysisEthics is not having any patients that have been in contact with them dumped from their clinics for over nine years (I will mention the first patient ever advocated for was lost). I will also say the dumping of non-violent patients is no longer allowed and if you know of any incident PatientRightsAvocacy.org can be contacted or CMS – one CMS contact is Brady Augustine.

This is a chance to fight back against bad care – please take it.

Contact info:

ph. 1-888-687-2298

Email: arlene@patientrightsadvocacy.org

P.S. I should add the website is in the process of being updated and if you want a faster response I would suggest contacting the 888 phone number first.[/quote]

Btw, your not Arlene aren’t you? Awhile back we spoke. Anyway, I did have a link to your site from my blogging site at …
[B]http://www.dailyhemo.org

[/B]So the old link is nor more? Anyway, would you mind adding an affiliate link to your site? That way other sites can link exchange with you. If possible, an 88x38 icon would be better.

Plugger

Thanks for all the hard work you do on behalf of dialysis consumers.

bobeleanor

[QUOTE=Gus;13974]Btw, your not Arlene aren’t you? Awhile back we spoke. Anyway, I did have a link to your site from my blogging site at …
[B]http://www.dailyhemo.org

[/QUOTE]

Gus,

No, I’m not Arlene - that would take a major operation that I’m not inclined to get for starters. I’m the father of a transplant patient. I’m beginning to think I’ve done this for too long if people are starting to mix us up.

It looks like the DialysisEthics website is no more. So I think your best bet would be to write Arlene at arlene@patientrightsadvocacy.org, I don’t do anything with that sort of thing.

Gus,

Sorry about the bold in the reply, I’m not sure why it did that. I’m also having trouble logging in today - don’t know what’s up.

Oh, I’m just giving a little more time - I’ve been a member for a long time.

I’ll try and find out more about the lab monitoring and chart reviews. But I know Founding RN is back - she used to answer questions for years with DialysisEthics; it sounds like she has some friends now.

I’m trying to find out if this “no dumping” rule is in writing, but I can say Arlene stated NO patient can be dumped unless there is violence. Dori has been pointing out a patient can be dumped for non-payment, but I’m crossing my fingers that is a thing of the past.

Also I understand - from Dori - Brady Augustine is gone. That is probably my fault; I got a little excited hearing about the freebies and rushed the post. I’ll try to find out if there is another contact or two at CMS. I do make mistakes now and then and I’m glad there are people - like Dori - to thump me when I need it. I also like root canals.

Thanks for your kind words. I try to keep in mind why I do this - daughter might have to go back someday for one thing.

Hey Plugger

You and I posted from time to time on the other site(DEO).

I emailed Arline about somethings. Would it be better to call the group or is an email just as good?

Thanks Plugger
bobeleanor

The name did look familiar. Last time I talked to Arlene the site was being tweaked and calling was better. I haven’t been able to get a hold of her lately - guess she got busy.