Pd DOES not prime all the way to top

Many times when priming my PD the prime does not go to the top of the line and we have to reprime, but still does not go all the way to the top. What do we do to get it to prime completely? We are with the Davita program here in Arizona. Have been on PD since about mid October of last year. Prime last night was at top of line before connecting.

I’m sorry I didn’t see your message until today. I’m a social worker, not a PD nurse. If your manual doesn’t provide information on troubleshooting this problem, your PD nurse or the clinical or technical personnel at the company that made your machine should be able to help you.

You can also post your question to the Home Dialysis Central Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/HomeDialysisCentral. The group is made up of people on home dialysis and lay persons and professionals who care about and for them. If you’re not a member, it’s a closed group that you have to ask to join. You’ll need to answer a few questions to be admitted. Once you’re in the group, ask your question and I bet you’ll get some suggestions.

Which cycler do you use? Baxter or Fresenius and which one?

Use Baxter. Got answer from our PD nurse the other day. Thanks.

Great! Glad to hear that you got your issue addressed. Your home training nurse is always the first go-to person. The manufacturer is a good resource too.

Hi,
We are having the same issue, curious how you solved it?
Thanks!

Hi! Can you share what the solution was for the not priming all the way? Thanks!

Have you contacted your home training nurse and/or the clinical nurse or technical support for the company that made your machine?