Peritoneal Dialysis Belts

Just thought I’d suggest PD belts (as a tip).

I hope it’s ok to post the search link instead of a specific site that has PD belts (product endorsement isn’t allowed, correct?).

Here’s the Google search link:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=peritoneal+dialysis+belts

Actually, if you can recommend a specific product that you have used YOURSELF, that’s okay with us. The concept of a PD belt is a really helpful idea.

I don’t wear a PD belt, but sometimes I find that the belt on my pants rubs against my catheter, so now I have a collection of suspenders that I can use instead!

It sounds like you’ve come up with a great solution to the problem of the pants rubbing on the catheter after it is in place. Another way to avoid this is for patients to be sure to show their surgeon where they wear their belt or waistband on their pants. This way the surgeon can choose an area below the beltline to insert the PD catheter so the chances of a belt rubbing on the catheter is much less.

:roll: I have tried several belts and they are not comfortable for me. I have devised a system of using paper tape to hold my catheter in place…not perfect but it works for now.

About the PD belts… I am new to PD (abut 2 months) and I am using a Tuck Away Belt. form Stickman Industries 888-366-7460.
I find this belt easy to use and the cost ok too.

A company called World Technological are offering free PD belts. There belt is the one and only disposable belt where the user discards after 1-2 days use. It comes in convenient packages of 10 andcost 39.50 per package. They are giving belts away for free for first time customers. Log onto their site at www.worldtechnological.com.

Here in Mexico I was suggested to made an cotton belt with an elastic band that has been very useful and confortable I have been with PD for 3 years.
Saludos
Alejandra

I find the Tuck Away belt rolls at night. I am using a Patients Pride belt that they custom made for me, no extra charge. They really go the distance to make sure you are comfortable and have a proper fit. Patients Pride has a web site where you can see their products. I use their belt at night on the cycler as well as during the day.

I have designed a product specifically for use by the peritoneal dialysis patient. Now you (men and women) can experience the comfort, safety and convenience of underwear designed specifidally for you. The panties and briefs I have designed let you wear “normal” underwear modifed for your special need. Take a look at these “patented” products on my web site at PD-Uwear.com.

This site doesn’t seem to be working yet, but once it is, why don’t you submit a description, photo, and web URL so we can put your products in our Helpful Products Catalog: http://www.homedialysis.org/hpc/.

I would be interested in checking this out for my husband.

There is a product called CathGuard by RPC that is intended as “a protective device for external central lumen catheters.” It looks a little like a finger cot with two strips of double stick tape. I stick it to my abdomen in a convenient place and use it a a pocket to store the end of the PD catheter.

The only drawback I can see is a slight irritation from the double stick tape. Cost is about $1.00 per day.

there is a company out there that has t-shirts and shower belts. their web site is www.carriagehouse-enterprises.com Take a look, you may like what you see

My Davita Center says they dont know how to get insurance approval for PD Belts. I have Medi-Medi insurance and should not have to pay for my belts. I know that other Davita Centers are supplying patients with belts. any suggestions?

I use tube tops, they work great and dont roll, u can find them on line in all colors for about 4 to 5 dollars, i have 3 and love them, give them a try…

Only two specific belts are mentioned on this thread. I would like to hear experiences with other types, or even more comments on the Tuck Away and Patient’s Pride. My husband will be starting PD in a few weeks and definitely wants to use a belt, not tape.

Using Google, I found a thread on ihatedialysis.com and a patient who posted in July 2012 said this:

I have the Patients Pride pd belt that I use every day. I find that it is very comfortable and most of the time I don’t even know I am wearing it. I also have the Secure Way pd catheter holder that works very well when not wearing the belt.

Here’s a Home Dialysis Central page with the PD supplies, including belts.
http://homedialysis.org/home-dialysis-basics/machines-and-supplies/helpful-products/peritoneal-dialysis

yes, If you have had good experience with PD belt, recommend it here

I use a pregnancy belt. Called a tummy belt, or belly band. It is wider, more comfortable, and also covers my catheter site. Never liked the catheter belt. My nurse recommended it, and I am a guy! Love it.