Peritoneal dialysis vs. hemodialysis

Hi, all.

My name is Chelle. My grandmother has been on peritoneal dialysis for over a year now. I am taking a college English Comp class, and for our final paper, we are to write a persuasive essay, involving interviews, surveys, discussions and research. I have chosen to do mine on how I believe that peritoneal dialysis is a better choice for most patients diagnosed with renal failure. I am posting here hoping not only to communicate with patients currently on peritoneal dialysis, but also with patients who have been on hemodialysis and have opted to try peritoneal dialysis instead. Thanks for any information you may be able to offer.

Thanks in advance!
Chelle

I would totally be willing to give you some information reguarding both dialysis. I’am 22yrs. old and have been on dialysis 3yrs. I started with hemo and just recently switched to PD. If you would like to talk you can email me @ jessica_4820@yahoo.com. Hope I can help.
Jessica

I have been on PD for about 3 months now. I started out on Hemo I still work, ride my motorcycle and would be more than glad to help you. My E-mail is Girdley.Huff@us.army.mil .

anything to help you, i have been training my mom for some time
i like pd because i don’t have to depend of a place to dialysis her
every it is at home, or on the road without a problem.
it is really diferent you know that for sure

[QUOTE=Anonymous;2981]Hi, all.

My name is Chelle. My grandmother has been on peritoneal dialysis for over a year now. I am taking a college English Comp class, and for our final paper, we are to write a persuasive essay, involving interviews, surveys, discussions and research. I have chosen to do mine on how I believe that peritoneal dialysis is a better choice for most patients diagnosed with renal failure. I am posting here hoping not only to communicate with patients currently on peritoneal dialysis, but also with patients who have been on hemodialysis and have opted to try peritoneal dialysis instead. Thanks for any information you may be able to offer.

Thanks in advance!
Chelle[/QUOTE]

Chelle,

Thats a great thing your doing writing a paper on dialysis. Many think you just hook up to a machine for a while and you are good to go until the next treatment. The truth is far from that. Perhaps your paper will educate many on how it really is.
I was on PD for 13 years until I had to switch to Hemo. Everyone has a different lifestyle and should pick the modality of dialysis that best fits their needs while keeping them as healthy longterm and shorterm as possible.
You may also email me if you would ike to ask anything...m3riddler@nxstageusers.com
There are good and bad for all modalities of dialysis. None are a walk in the park.

///MM