Pierce College Dental Hygiene student

Hi! I am a Pierce College Dental Hygiene student and I am writing a research paper on renal disease.

1. What do you find usually brings patients in for their initial diagnosis?

2. How difficult is it to get people with this condition to understand the severity of the situation when they are diagnosed?

3. What have you found to be the greatest cause or contributing factor of this condition? How much does genetics play into acquiring this disease?

4. What have you found to be the greatest challenge persons with this condition face (personal and/or medical)?

5. What are some practical recommendations you give your patients or caregivers to help deal with and maintain their disease?

6. Do you feel there has been a higher incidence of diagnosis of this condition in recent years? If yes, why do you think that is?

7. What are some of the most common side effects of the medications a person with this condition would experience?

8. Do your patients complain of oral side effects, if so, what type of oral side effects?

9. If you have any parting comments that you feel would be valuable please feel free to share them with me.

I understand your quest for information but, to be fair, you have pretty much asked me to write a text book on CKD here.

I think if you search this site (and many others) you will find answers to most of your queries.

Question 8 is the only one I feel deserves a specific answer as it is the only one specific to your study area.

I will come back to it tomorrow … for the rest, I suggest you search for answers within the breadth of data already available.