Protein supplements

What’s your patient’s favorite protein supplements? We use Liquacel, but only 1 oz per treatment which I’ve been told is how much Medicare will pay.

I can’t respond to your question about favorite protein supplements, but so far as payment for nutritional supplements, Original Medicare doesn’t pay for supplements at all. Medicare Advantage plans may pay for them. Back when I worked in dialysis as a social worker, our dietitian recommended powdered egg whites that she said could be added to almost anything. They were affordable at that time too.

I give my husband a whey power. I get unflavored you can use it in anything

I’m giving my husband Dr Axe Collagen with Protein. It is tasteless and I put it in his tea while doing dialysis.

if you’re looking for protein they make alternatives for dairy based protein like pea or hemp proteins. Whether you need it or not really depends on how many grams of protein you are already eating throughout the day.

When I worked as a social worker in dialysis, the dietitian often recommended powdered egg whites which she said could be added to other food and drinks.

Good suggestion need to say

1 Like

Good suggestion need to say