Questions about Home Nocturnal and Nxstage

Just a few questions about nocturnal using nxtage at home. I am considering nocturnal. I realize everyone is different, but this is just to get an idea.

What is your dry weight?
How long are your treatments? (days per week)
How many liters do you use?
What is the pump speed?
What is your Flow Fraction?
What time are your treatments?
Do you actually sleep through the tx or how do you spend your time?
Are you able to work?

Where does your phosphorus range?

What are the positives about it?
What are the negatives about it?

Thanks much for the info.

[QUOTE=Anonymous;13706]Just a few questions about nocturnal using nxtage at home. I am considering nocturnal. I realize everyone is different, but this is just to get an idea.

What is your dry weight?
Her weight is 47 kilos
How long are your treatments? (days per week)
Her treatments are 6 days a week , 7 hours a night
How many liters do you use?
she used 19.5 ltrs/treatment (pureflow makes 60 ltrs/batch and it has to be used in 72 hrs)
What is the pump speed?
Pump Speed. Blood pump = 200, Dialysate flow rate = 2.8
What is your Flow Fraction?
The FF is 24 to 26
What time are your treatments?
Her treatments usually lasts 7 hours give or take a few minutes so she hook’s up to the System One between 10pm and 1 am depends upon what we have going on, Party’s, Late dinner with friends, Catch a movie, and if we have to leave early in the AM we would get started at 8pm, So when you are on your own its up to your schedule.
Do you actually sleep through the tx or how do you spend your time?
She sleeps very soundly… no Problems
Are you able to work?
She is retired and would probably be able to hold down a full time office job… She usually feels tired late in the afternoons.
Where does your phosphorus range?
between 2.5 to 3.5 the past year

What are the positives about it?
Nocturnal is the only way to get your blood cleaned. It has made my partner like a new person. If you met her on the street you would not know that she has had endstage renal for the last 16 years.
What are the negatives about it?
You would need a good partner to assist you.

Thanks much for the info.[/QUOTE]

Hi there;

My partner has been lucky to be on Nocturnal Home Hemo-Dialysis (NHHD) for about 6 years, She was using a Fresenius the first 5 1/2 years and we switched to the NxStage last November.(2006). and now using PureFlow SL… She was on PD for about 9 years before having a bad infection and had to switch to Hemo-Dialysis in center. Was offered the option to be the first patient doing home hemo-dialysis and we have not looked back… she has always used a cathater to do her dialysis. It has been replaced twice… And they say those cathaters are suppose to be temorary…

HemoHelper