Ralph's dialysis numbers

Hi all,
Thought I would give you an update on how well the Nxstage is working for Ralph.
Delivered spKt/V 1.14
eKt/V 1.05
stdKt/V 4.36
Our center is really pleased since they did not feel that at his weight 120K he would not get enough dialysis.
But he sure is. We do nocturnal for 8 hrs 6 nights a week.
Pat

Great News Pat

My Hat is off to You and Ralph. You two have help me go into nocturnal training . I started on 4/9/07. It is a lot to learn , but hearing your story tells me to hang in there and soon I’m doing my tx while i sleep the night away.
bob

Wjem one goes from SDD to nocturnal, what additional training is there and how long does it take?

[quote=Pat Colongione;13286]Hi all,
Thought I would give you an update on how well the Nxstage is working for Ralph.
Delivered spKt/V 1.14
eKt/V 1.05
stdKt/V 4.36
Our center is really pleased since they did not feel that at his weight 120K he would not get enough dialysis.
But he sure is. We do nocturnal for 8 hrs 6 nights a week.
Pat[/quote]

That’s impressive! What is his pre/post BUN?

Thanks for sharing this!

Hi Jane

Just for me I’m just started using fistula and the pure flow. The hard part is getting the fistula going. ( the right angle and pressure to use. ) Plus I’m used to my cath, and hanging bags. Outside of that I’m looking ahead to being able to sleep while getting tx. My day time line is crazy. . To day I was at 5am EST . I have to drive 50 miles one way to center. Etc
bob

Jane I don’t think there’s a lot of difference in the training. Hubby was trained for nocturnal but you are able to switch back and forth. Still use the machine the same way Just have tohave different pum speed and flow. Maybe a change in heparin where nocturnal isa longer time.

I am wondering things like, do you use a lot more heparin for nocturnal txs, does it take longer to get on the tx due to attaching eneuresis alarms, other then setting up #'s on the machine differently is there anything else to be trained on?