Random Thoughts by NDXUFan

I am curious, when we are told, “What we are doing is for your own good” are they doing it for our own good or are they trying to prevent us from making choices that they do not agree with?

I am curious, what entitles them to make choices for legally competent adults?

When do these people pay the price for being wrong? It is said that we should be “compliant.” Yet, why should we be compliant with industry with an incredible failure rate? Why do we accept treatments that these people would not accept for themselves?

It is amazing how these people treat individuals on dialysis as boobed fools. If they are so wonderful, bright, and intelligent, why have they not figured out the cause of diabetes? The cause is still unknown after all of these years.

It really blows my mind, each and every day, how these people think 12 hours of dialysis per week is enough to have a decent life. How many people, again, have they seen pass out, have cramps, or other major issues because of shotgun dialysis??? Calling Planet Earth Hello??? Do their kidneys eliminate 2 liters of fluid per hour??? I think not! If they are soooo brilliant, how in the name of the Almighty, have they not figured this out, after how many years of experience??? I figured it out after a few days, Golly Sarge!

By the way, are people on dialysis, individuals or a herd of cattle to have every last dollar sucked out of them and the insurance company or the United States taxpayer?

Would these people allow their parents or family members treated in this fashion?

I deeply care about each and everyone one of you. I could give a crap less about government and insurance bureaucrats. I could also give a crap less about dialysis control freaks. If you are afraid to tell these people, I would be more than happy to tell them, I am not afraid, on the Nursing board, they think I am the devil. If you think I have been bad in the past, I am really ready to give these people a piece of mind and you will love it, they will hate it. When it comes to people who are truly ill being abused, I am not a nice guy, I am extremely loud. Many of you need to be like me and follow my example. When I call NxStage, I am not given any bullcrap, because they realize I will not listen to it. I am a legend at NXStage for not taking garbage.

Have these people have figured out why so many people on dialysis are suffering malnutrition and want to commit suicide? It is because, again, they are not getting the right amount of dialysis, another Golly Sarge!

Finally, it is said that the patients come first??? Oh really, they do??? If so, where is dialysis on different and In-Center Nocturnal Dialysis??? The nasty truth is that patients on dialysis DO NOT come first. What comes first is other people who not care about the health of the dialysis patient. If they did truly care, we would see major changes, but, as you well know, it is always the fault of the dialysis patient, for not living a life that is devoid of reality or a life only Christ could live. If the vast majority of people who worked in dialysis, if their kidneys failed, they would want In-Center Nighttime Nocturnal, OH, THE HYPOCRISY!!!

Folks who work in dialysis would want HOME nocturnal, NDXUFan12. :slight_smile: Actually, from our study of US nephrologists:
– 45% said they’d do PD
– 25% said short daily HD
– 17% said home nocturnal HD
– 3% said conventional home HD
– 3% said in-center nocturnal
– 6% said standard in-center HD

I was shocked that it was even 6%! (But, that tells me they don’t necessarily know much about the other options…)

[QUOTE=Dori Schatell;22900]Folks who work in dialysis would want HOME nocturnal, NDXUFan12. :slight_smile: Actually, from our study of US nephrologists:
– 45% said they’d do PD
– 25% said short daily HD
– 17% said home nocturnal HD
– 3% said conventional home HD
– 3% said in-center nocturnal
– 6% said standard in-center HD

I was shocked that it was even 6%! (But, that tells me they don’t necessarily know much about the other options…)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am sure. Dori, they would go home. I was just quoting a Nephrologist study that I had read in the past. I would hate PD, they can have it. Notice, they would choose the treatment that would give the most freedom, are we not surprised? I am not, the hypocrisy of these people is beyond belief. I am surprised that Home Nocturnal was not higher. However, I do understand that some individuals cannot sleep on Nocturnal, so makes sense. Indiana University has figured this out and they do give us what they would do for themselves, so that is not an issue or problem.