Recipes

Just wondering if anyone can point me towards some recipes geared for dialysis patients online. Christmas is coming up soon, and as good as my Dad is, he has a very hard time resisting baking. I figured if I could make some “safe” stuff, he have a better chance :smiley:

Check out www.ikidney.com. Under Lifestyles there are nutrition tips and a recipe box that you can type in a keyword like “holiday” to get recipes. I found this link to several holiday recipes on iKidney.
www.ikidney.com/iKidney/Lifestyles/NutritionalTips/LivingWell/TastyRenalFriendlyRecipesfortheHolidaySeason.htm

There are a number of cookbooks for people with kidney disease. The dietitian at your dad’s dialysis clinic should be able to suggest several. You can also type “renal cookbook” in the search on www.amazon.com.

Here’s a site for a whole cookbook of recipes. I’ve made a few for Mom and they’re not bad…there’s a regular and southwest and you can download and print them…

http://www.epogen.com/patient/patient_info/educational_materials/dialysis_cookbook/toc.jsp