Return of the Webinars!

Hi Folks

Just saw Rich’s last post… So the web chat is this WEEKEND ???

What day and time?

Thanks
Bob O’Brien

The webinar is on Thursday, March 18th. The time hasn’t been set just yet, but will be very shortly. If it was like before, it will be 8pm CST.

Hi Folks

Thanks Rich

Thanks
Bob O’Brien

Hi y’all!

I sent email invitations to those of you I had email addresses for. Our new webinar platform can accommodate 100 registrants. So, if you plan to attend, please register to be sure you get a spot. You’ll need to sign our registration form, which will make you eligible for Door Prizes (below).

Here’s the info: Home Dialysis Central Webinar
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM (Eastern Time)

Please click here to register and learn how to log in: http://www.instantpresenter.com/PIID=E156DA82 .

As you’ve heard, Dr. John Agar will answer several questions about hemodialysis that have been posed to him in these very forums! There will also be a chance for you to ask follow-up questions. The session will be at:
5 pm US Pacific
6 pm US Mountain
7 pm US Central
8 pm US Eastern
11 am (THUR) Oz (Geelong)

Win a Door Prize from one of our Helpful Products Catalog listing companies!
– Headphones (Genesis Worldwide Enterprises)
– Protein bars (VitalRemedyMD)
– Anasept antiseptic (Smith Biomedical)
– Topicaine ointment (ESBA labs)
– Bleach wipes or ExSept Plus antiseptic (Alcavis)
– HemaStrap (Hema Assistance)

Hi Dori,
I attempted to register for this webinar at another site. A message popped back that I am already registered, but I do not see an invitation with info in my email. I’m assuming I should re-register?

Hi Jane,

Yes, I’d do that if I were you.

Will the Webinar be available for replay later? If so, when?

We’ll be recording it two ways & see which one works. Not sure how long that will take to figure out & get it up on the site.

BTW, folks, we have lots of seats left, so please sign up! http://www.instantpresenter.com/PIID=E156DA82 .

Hi Folks

signed and hope things run smooth …

Thanks

Bob O’Brien

For a person who asked so many questions, I would think you’d make an effort to be there live. I know I would.

Hi Dori

Have just got round to promoting this Webinar on the Australian Dialysis Buddies group site as I know John loves having a few fellow Aussies around for support!

Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Mel

[QUOTE=nocturnaldialysis;17297]I am reading, sweating, and developing a nervous twitch over this - these are some really good questions.

I will only have time for maybe 5 or 6 but I will do my best to cover as much as I can.

The idea is that I will select a few ‘topics’ from the Q’s coming in and do my best to answer each in about 7-8 minutes with a small number of illustrative slides (where appropriate) to get the point across.

There will be the chance for one supplementary follow-up Q on each topic.

I know that these restrictions may seem harsh and anti-debatory (is there such a word) but remember this is the 1st time we have tried this and if the format doesnt work well, we’ll just try another one.

Also, I want to give as many a chance - and not get hung up on one Q for too long. Open debate on the answers I give between you here might be a good idea after the session.

Dori will be a fierce moderator and may seem sometimes harsh if she cuts debate but it IS important to get through several issues if we can.

I would ask for patience from all as we all get used to the new platform and how best to use it.

Dori - I will d/w you once I am back from my two speaking engagements in Seoul and Lorne re the questions.

John Agar[/QUOTE]

Hi Rich,
FInally had time to Register.
Will be with you tomorrow.
Pat

Thanks Dori!

I remember Jester was posting about this on a few forums. I went to one previously and will try to be at this one.

• Angie

[quote=Dori Schatell;17369]

Here’s the info: Home Dialysis Central Webinar
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM (Eastern Time)

Please click here to register and learn how to log in: http://www.instantpresenter.com/PIID=E156DA82.

As you’ve heard, Dr. John Agar will answer several questions about hemodialysis that have been posed to him in these very forums! There will also be a chance for you to ask follow-up questions. The session will be at:
5 pm US Pacific
6 pm US Mountain
7 pm US Central
8 pm US Eastern
11 am (THUR) Oz (Geelong)
[/quote]

I just registered!

Looking forward to seeing y’all there! Well, actually you’ll see me, and Dr. Agar, but I won’t see you. :slight_smile:

[quote=Dori Schatell;17392]We’ll be recording it two ways & see which one works. Not sure how long that will take to figure out & get it up on the site.

BTW, folks, we have lots of seats left, so please sign up! http://www.instantpresenter.com/PIID=E156DA82 .[/quote]

I’m in a meeting from 3 to 5 tomorrow
I’ll try to join afterward

Hi y’all,

Thanks again to Dr. Agar, who did his usual fabulous job presenting complex information in an easy-to-understand way, and to everyone who attended this evening. As we’d hoped, our new Webinar platform is much more stable (no sound outages with loud crackling, for example…). We did record the session, and since it’s the first one we recorded, I’m not certain how long it will take to get the recording up on our site. I’ll certainly let you know when it’s ready.

When I was at the Annual Dialysis Conference, I lined up a terrific list of folks who are willing to do Webinars for you. Since my notes are at the office, I can’t list them all now, but will be back with more details!

Another informative presentation with Prof. Agar- thanks so much to everyone involved! I so appreciate knowledgeable renal education!! I have a few thoughts. Personally, I find it difficult to read and participate in chat while listening at the same time. It may just be my computer, but the chat portion does not scroll smoothly and that is the problem. Also, is it possible for there to be a re-cap at HDC of the info presented at webinars? By that I mean, a brief write-up of the questions and answers covered in the presentation? Finally, has anyone checked the recordings of the past presentations to see if they turned out clear? I went back to re-listen to two. One came in, but only at the 18th slide. The other was clear for a time, but then cut out. Personally, I don’t want to miss valuble material and need the review.

I don’t know that anyone has time to summarize the Q&A, but part of the reason we switched platforms was the audio-visual cutting-out that we had with the earlier one–it just wasn’t stable. This one seems to be, so we’re hopeful that the recording will be better. When you watch the recording, you’ll be able to choose to pay attention to either the chat or the spoken word.

Another beauty… well done

That was excellent! 29 viewers! No problems! Was very informative! I learned things I wanted to know but never thought to ask and even got an answer to the low phosphate question that Shay was asking me. Thanks so much and can’t wait til the next one!