Sensipar and aching fingers?

I just wanted to know if anyone is taking the drug sensipar to help control your parathyriod gland and if they are having aching fingers? I was put on Sensipar in May and since then my fingers have been terribly painfull and sore. It has help in controlling my parathyriod and has help in lowering my high calcium levels.
Has anyone experienced the aching fingers?
Stay healthy… :wink:
Deena

This is not one of the most common side effects. However on Drugstore.com here’s what it says about possible side effects:

“SIDE EFFECTS that may occur while you are taking this medicine include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches, dizziness, tiredness, or loss of appetite. If they continue or are bothersome check with your doctor. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience chest pain, numbness, tingling, ongoing muscle aches, cramping, tremors, or seizures. AN ALLERGIC REACTION to this medicine is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, or trouble breathing. If you experience other effects not listed above, contact your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.”

Even if it seems like the pain started around the same time you started taking a new medicine, there can be many causes for pain in your fingers. I’d suggest you talk with your doctor about the pain. Describe whether the pain is a sensitive to touch feeling, tingling, burning, and whether the pain is deep in the tissue, near the surface, or in the joints of the fingers. Describe how much the pain is on a 0 to 10 scale. Describe whether it’s worse at certain times of the day, whether it gets better or worse as the day goes on, etc. Hopefully if you give your doctor enough information, he/she can tell you what the cause is and what can be done to control the pain.