Size of Boxes for PD solutions

I need to know the size of the boxes with the PD solutions that are delivered. I am a beginning PD patient and need to know where I am going to store the solutions. However I really need to know the size of the boxes and how many bags per box. I will be using about 10 liters per night which is about 4 bags. Thanks Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to Home Dialysis Central. It may help folks to answer if you could tell us if your clinic will have you using Fresenius or Baxter supplies. I don’t know, but it’s possible that the size of the boxes may differ.

Hi Barbara-
I use Baxter as my supplier, and my boxes are 12x24x24 I believe - (close measurement anyhow, I’m at work and my boxes are at home at the moment) A monthly supply usually takes a 3’ X 5’ area. I use 10 L per night also , but my bags are 5L bags, so I use 2 bags per night, which is what is in each box. I normally mix my strengths, so rarely will I empty one box per night. As the dialysite comes in 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 5, and 6 Liter bags -Although the number of bags that you use will depend on the perscription that is sent to your supplier and how they send your bags. Hope it helps. CJ