Trouble with 1.5% and 2.5%

Hi,my name is budianto yudi from indonesia. I’ve been done hemodialysis almost 2 years and now doing capd. I have diabetes for 20 years since i was 20 years old. I have done capd for 1 month. In the first week my capd is fine fir 1.5% and 2.5%. The fluild that come out is greater than the fluid that I filled in. But after 1 week the fluid that come out is shorter and now if I fill in 1000ml with 1.5% or 2.5%, it only result 500ml that come out after dwell time. But if I use 7.5% it will come out more than 1000ml. Please help me how to know if there is something wrong with my peritonial ?

Contact your doctor or training nurse to report this change. If you’re bowels aren’t moving regularly, that could affect how you drain. Your catheter could have moved out of place and may be leaving fluid in your lower peritoneal cavity. Your catheter could be partly blocked either inside or outside. Your doctor or nurse will be able to troubleshoot and correct your drain problem.

I’ve checked the catheter position to the surgeon doctor and she said that my cathete’s position is just fine. I also consult to my nephrologist and he said that my blood density is higher than the 1.5% and 2.5% so that why the flood that is filled in is absorbed by my body. the neprologist has gave me blood thinning medicine but it doesn’t work as well. Is there any other possibilities so I can use my CAPD with 1.5% and 2.5 fluid ?

You need to speak to your doctor or PD nurse. I am diabetic as well, and I have no problems with my draining. I weigh 62 KG and normally use 2 1.25 bags at night. If I weigh more than 62.5KG, I use a yellow (1.25) and a green (2.5) If I weigh more than 63.5KG, I use 2 green (2.5) I have never used a red.