Two sets of buttonholes

I find that my buttonholes invariably start paining after a few weeks of use. The pain is the most when the needles are removed.

When I have just created them, there is almost no pain for a few weeks. But after this initial period, the pain slowly starts increasing. I anyway have to use an anesthetic before cannulation irrespective of the time since I have created the buttonholes.

I have read on this forum about having 2 sets of buttonholes. I would like to try this. I have one question in this regard - for the creation of a buttonhole site, you need to cannulate at the same site every day. How can this be done? If I must cannulate at the same site every day so that the tunnel forms, how can two sites be created at the same time?

Thanks
Kamal

[I][B]Hi Kamal,

Good to see you again. Two sets of buttonholes is worth to have, been using that manner since my first days of training back in 2004. Basicly, you rotate back and forth and must say what I found is that its less irritating and soarness than just having 1 set of buttonholes.

In order to establish the second set you do so normally as you always do. Look for a suitable spot and in most cases you may not need to use sharps seven times. It took me only 3 times using sharps to establish my buttonholes. After using sharps 3 times try it and see if that works for you.

While your establishing your new set of buttonholes you rotate to your other buttonholes on your next treatment then back to your new buttonholes(using sharps) on the following treatment. Once established its just a matter of rotating back and forth.

Good luck!

P.S. I think I remember your from India, if so my prayers and intentions fo out to the people of India. May GOD give you strength and Bless you. [/B][/I]

[quote=kamalshah20;16951]I find that my buttonholes invariably start paining after a few weeks of use. The pain is the most when the needles are removed.

When I have just created them, there is almost no pain for a few weeks. But after this initial period, the pain slowly starts increasing. I anyway have to use an anesthetic before cannulation irrespective of the time since I have created the buttonholes.

I have read on this forum about having 2 sets of buttonholes. I would like to try this. I have one question in this regard - for the creation of a buttonhole site, you need to cannulate at the same site every day. How can this be done? If I must cannulate at the same site every day so that the tunnel forms, how can two sites be created at the same time?

Thanks
Kamal[/quote]

Thanks Gus, yes I am from India.

But if you don’t cannulate the new set with sharps everyday, does the tunnel form nevertheless? I thought if you did not cannulate daily, the holes would ‘close’.

Thanks
Kamal

Definately, the tunnel still forms…it can take several times using sharps but definatley it still forms regardless you rotate back and forth. Before establishing a second set of buttonholes I also thought the same as you did, but realized they don’t close at all, as long you don’t miss days…thats all.

[quote=kamalshah20;16958]Thanks Gus, yes I am from India.

But if you don’t cannulate the new set with sharps everyday, does the tunnel form nevertheless? I thought if you did not cannulate daily, the holes would ‘close’.

Thanks
Kamal[/quote]

Ok. Thanks Gus!

Kamal

I finally got my second set of buttonholes and have been alternating with blunts for the past 3 days. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Gus, you were right, the tunnels did form. Thanks so much for the advice!

Kamal

[B]Greetings Kamal,

your one brave man! I am glad its going great for you.

GOD BLESS[/B]

[quote=kamalshah20;16970]I finally got my second set of buttonholes and have been alternating with blunts for the past 3 days. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Gus, you were right, the tunnels did form. Thanks so much for the advice!

Kamal
http://kamaldshah.com[/quote]