Videos, featuring me, available online

Thank you.

Habit, I suppose. When I was in center using the ladder method I would have staff “choke” my arm while I put in the sharps. When I went to home and the buttonhole I substituted the cuff.

Cathy doesn’t occlude either, I tried it after she asked the same question and while it did work I like the added fistula firmness the cuff provides and since I can control the force of the cuff very accurately I don’t see a downside.

Thank you.

Habit, I suppose. When I was in center using the ladder method I would have staff “choke” my arm while I put in the sharps. When I went to home and the buttonhole I substituted the cuff.

Cathy doesn’t occlude either, I tried it after she asked the same question and while it did work I like the added fistula firmness the cuff provides and since I can control the force of the cuff very accurately I don’t see a downside.[/quote]

Sounds good, I was just surprised but your reply makes sense. By the way do you have ANY pain when you stick the needles? I have ZERO pain but I have heard some say they still have pain even with buttonhole.

Well I guess I did it…finally embedded Bill Peckhams cannulation video from google…also, created a new smaller sized version for people with slower internet connections…

http://www.dailyhemo.org/2/page.php?7

Thanks Gus, maybe I’m the only dunce but I kept clicking the screen where it said “click to play” instead of the link below. Maybe “click below to play”?

Yes, its the link below…its a list method, in other words I can add more links to the list and the video will play in that same player…but it makes sense how you did it by clicking first on the player, its just a design flaw, most people will click the player first…if I were to use only one video then you can play the video by just clicking the player, but I plan to add more videos to the list so that’s why its like that…

P.S. Once I get my video camera I will make my own, but have to save my pesos… :roll:

Bill, what a great vid, I’ve blogged it on my LiveJournal… should get some interesting comments, I DID put a needle warning at the start of the text tho!

Really must get round to getting a vid camera, & a google account!
:smiley:

Absolutley, I must say Bill beat us all to it! Now we gotta get our videos up there to! Anyway, I noticed you didn’t embed the video to your site but just linked it…for reference here’s the code to embed it…if you notice in the code width/height you can adjust those so that it can fit nicely on your site…

Congratulations Bill
Great stuff. It is now doing the rounds of Ozzie renal units as well. 8)

Thanks Gus, for making it easy for us with slower download speeds. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bill…….each time I read or see something you do I am impressed with your approach to all of this and your knowledge with the whole process not only the mechanical but the mental part. I am a Pd patient which seems to be working for me (3 years) but of course there could be a time limit involved. Learning home hemo and still maintaining my freedom will be my goal. I am one of those people that take’s hours to read instructions but if you can show me I can pick it up in a flash so what you’re doing is helpful. So if you ever think there is no one watching there is at least one …………thanks

Here is another set of videos talking home dialysis.

Dori had a hand in getting these put together .

http://www.prninc-us.com/dcc/hemodialysis.html

Bill,

You are a true inspiration. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I just clicked the link and it played wonderfully.

I put your link on my blog, Tasty Kidney Pie http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-ZOinGoMlc6Ob0cYOq_REylepo7tocLwF6N_bBg6HWyEn0A--?cq=1

If you send me a jpeg of you and your dog, I’ll replace the picture I currently have their. I would like to do that, so please send me a jpeg to theriverdude@sbcglobal.net.

Thank you for all that you do. Erich

[quote=Bill Peckham;13401]Here is another set of videos talking home dialysis.

Dori had a hand in getting these put together .

http://www.prninc-us.com/dcc/hemodialysis.html[/quote]

Bill,

I still mean what I said in my last reply, but I just now realized that this is only new to me and that you originally posted the video I just link quite some time ago. I didn’t see the new video yet. I’ll have to check the dates a little more carefully. I’d still like the picture for Tasty Kidney Pie. Erich